Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

2021 NFL Mock Draft projects JT Daniels in first round

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited November 2020 in Article commenting
image2021 NFL Mock Draft projects JT Daniels in first round

Georgia football quarterback JT Daniels projected as 2021 NFL Draft first-round pick of Chicago Bears, per CBS Sports expert

Read the full story here

Comments

• RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

WTH!? He's played one flipping game. 🙄

• NashDawgNashDawg Posts: 63 ✭✭✭ Junior

Just wait until he lights up the chickens on Saturday...they’ll have him ahead of Fields in the mock draft by Sunday 😂

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The 1st 5 or 6 mock pics by 247 sports are QB's . Doubt JT would be in the top 20 picks but you never know. His best interest may be come back next season and light it up and go for the Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields type of payout. be top 2-3 Qb's taken. Go for the big money.

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2020

Well, let's first see how Daniels plays the rest of the season and the hopeful bowl game. Personally, if he shines I still think it's in his best interest to get another full college season at UGA (if he wins the job) under his belt to improve his prospects for the potential of an even higher draft in 2022. Although JT did start 11 games his freshman year at USC (2018), he didn't really play any last season after the injury in the first game. SO, really the guy only has (1) full season under his belt plus hopefully the remaining games this year.

Too bad CKS doesn't realize first round QB's, even when they play for him. He's got years of coaching experience, he and Monken, and they will play who they feel like gives them the best shot at winning, regardless of where they go in the draft!!

• BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is funny and sad because you can't turn down first round money.

• tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If I was a General Manager for a NFL team I would be hesitant to shell out first round money on a QB that has only played in one game in over a year, with the possibility of playing in three more before the 2021 draft. If he puts up 400 yards, and throws for 4 TD's in each of his next games this season, then I would roll the dice. If I was JT I would comeback to UGA and keep rehabbing that knee during the off season, and come out of the blocks against Clemson next season. Somebody projecting JT as a first round draft pick now, could be way off. Look where Jake Fromm fell to this past draft as he was projected as a high second round pick, as I believe that's the reason he left the team before his senior season, plus trying 3 different OC schemes in his career.

• BassDawgBassDawg Posts: 125 ✭✭✭ Junior

I know he's only played one game but he played a full season at USC and his metrics are outstanding. If he kills it these last few games and tears it up in the bowl game you can bet there will be the discussion especially from his agent. Waiting another year to think you are going higher than 16 in the draft is a gamble, you could get hurt, have a bad year, etc... Getting a kid like that at the 16 slot is a deal for an NFL team and they know it. I hope he stays but money is money. BTW: does SB have another year or is he done?

• David1David1 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hey Mike, I saw your spot on the Finnebaum show and I agree with your take on trask. He won’t win the heisman over Lawrence, Fields, M Jones or N Harris. He’s way overrated.

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BassDawg,

Stetson would have at least another season because this year doesn’t count toward eligibility for any player thanks to the plague. I guess the big question would be, “does he have a reason to return if the NFL is not a likely option”? Oh well, it will be interesting to see what seniors decide to play another year since they received a free pass this year. By the way, JT Daniels would have 3 more years of eligibility if he wanted to stay at UGa. He played his 1st year for USC, took a redshirt his second year because of the injury leaving him 3 years of eligibility left.....and this season (his 3rd) doesn’t count. He may wind-up being the first player to go in the first round who still had 3 years of eligibility remaining....and he saw the field 3 seasons since he was injured in the 1st half of the 1st game last season. Go Dawgs!!!

Not sure the money difference between top 3 pick and a number 16 pick but I feel sure it's enough to live comfortably the rest of your life. Will be interesting to see if JT bets on himself and comes back. You could take care of your whole family with the difference in guaranteed money. Get an insurance policy and come on back!

• Billy2131Billy2131 Posts: 153 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited November 2020

Just when we thought we had a QB going into 2021 an a article comes pops up saying number 18 is first round draft worthy in Aprils NFL draft?

The guy has played in literally 14.5 games his entire college career and won while he was under center. But only starting 6 or 7 ballgames and he is 1st round material.? I just don't see how any GM and head coach could bet millions on such a risky pick with such an unproven player with such limited experience.

I'm not saying this to be negative about JT Daniels... it's just that he in know way has the playing time or stats to even be mentioned as a first rounder in my opinion!

Well if he went pro it will be announced in 5 weeks from now and then Smart as to go out and get a grad transfer once again to prevent hopefully another debacle at QB because we won't win the Clempsum game with a True Freshman starting .... UGA football is insanity!

• VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Campbell and Daniels first round???

come on man!

the Daniels story is a bit much to chew there. Am I the only one who saw him gimpy just a few seconds after the scramble and dropped pass to Pickens in the 4th?

NFL ain’t shelling out first round money on Daniels as unproven as the rehabbed leg is. I know they did for Tua....... but come on....... it was Tua. His resume pre injury was too good not to risk.

sorry y’all, just ain’t buying the hype yet.

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

VetDawg,

I understand your feelings about Daniels, but his accomplishments are amazing. He was starting for USC when he should have been a senior in HS. He only had a few months to prepare for college football which is amazing for a 17 year old. He had a mediocre season, but totally lit-up the last 2 opponents who were rival games (UCLA and Notre Dame). It’s important to note that ND made the playoffs that year and had a killer defense. The next year he threw for around 250 yards before being injured in the 2nd quarter of his first game.....He was on track for a 500-600 yard game. His next start was for UGa last Saturday. My point is his last 4 games have been totally amazing. Also, a point I didn’t realize until this week was he won both the Gatorade National Football Player of the Year and the National Athlete of the Year during his “Junior” year in HS. It should be noted that he beat out 2 famous “seniors” for the award (Justin Fields and Trevor Lawrence). I believe he’s the real deal and I think the NFL does too. Unfortunately, we probably won’t see him on Saturdays next year. Go Dawgs!!!

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have to believe that the NFL would demand an additional year out of Daniels especially given such a short year.

Sure, he's was the same class as Fields, but I mean, if a handful of games was all that was needed then why wouldn't Fields and Lawrence have declared last year after proving themselves. Along those lines, why would you choose to be in a draft where the Top 2 picks are going to be QBs and why would you have any doubts considering you didn't start the year till late.

If JT finishes the year to make people wonder if he'll go for the NFL then he'd be a fool not to stay and be a top contender for the Heisman and a near lock for 1st round pick. Staying will help secure top WRs and a Top 5 pre-season ranking for us.

I think it's all talk, just like the whole "Fromm could go 1st Round" analysts.

Don't forget that the 4th best odds pre-season Heisman pick has declared as well. Jamie, freaking, Newman baby. 1st round pick, right? LOL.