Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Blue Balls

BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
edited December 2020 in Off Topic

Yeah or nay. Personally I'm an old fashion guy. Always liked my yellow.

Comments

• brady01brady01 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I personally like the red balls with a G on them

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I appreciate you not closing a thread that doesn't break any rules for the board.

Not for sure why you called me immature. 55 year old retired combat vet. More than a few days in Iraq and Afghanistan. But that's ok I'll not retaliate because its against board rules (Personal attacks, name calling and insults on other community members, players, recruits or their families are unacceptable.)

U can PM me if you would like to talk further.

• Kdubb0211Kdubb0211 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bamadawg is being childish but I get his frustration. Kinda feels like we have to play by the rules but the mods don’t. I’m by no means bashing the mods I’m sure it’s a difficult thankless job but threads are being closed too quick or for no reason at all. This will probably get deleted or closed down too but I get it.

@BamaDawg you should either PM Jeff directly or just let it go. They’re not going to be persuaded.

Your right. Went and read the privacy statement. Its a humdinger and people could pick and choose what they wanted to make their point. Rather people believe it or not, I'm not looking for trouble. I just think that people should be able to express their opinion (decently) without having a mod shut it down because he/she "didn't like the way it was heading". If someone is post **** stuff, harassing another poster, or talking bad about a recruit or their family, remove their post and ban them (temporarily or permanently if they persist). But there have been threads closed just for questioning a mod's thought process or reasoning. Other people may be fine with that,, I respect their decision. I'm just not.. if that makes me immature or childish, I'm fine with that.

I know a mod's job is thankless and difficult, but that shouldn't make them above reproach.

Thanks, I think.

I've IM'd @JeffSentell before. Never heard anything back. I imagine he has bigger things to worry about.

• dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,169 mod

Just FYI if you go back and read the Vandy thread I closed it when I saw 1 member tell another member to go F himself. I really don't have to give a reason why I do things other than edit or delete a comment or thread, and deleting is something I seldom do, I serve as a Mod here at the pleasure of Jeff Sentell no one else. End of story....

Honestly chief I could care less why/ who you serve. I have said many times that I know what yall do is tough and I appreciate it most of it.. Don't know how much more I can say about that..

While I'm sure its irrelevant to you up on your pedestal, but I agree with you about the "F yourself" being over the line. However my question is why close the thread? Why not just remove that post and ban the guy for a period of time? This is a prime example of what I am talking about. You used a nuke to kill one soldier.

Let me finish with just saying that you are a prime example of a p... poor mod. I hope that your attitude of "its irrelevant what the little people think" isn't prevelant among the other mods.

END OF STORY..............

• dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,169 mod

Care less what you think, just a faceless person on the interweb that hides behind a keyboard. I said seldom do I delete things and my judgement call was the thread had gone off the rails and my call was to close it before it got worse, unlike you who started multiple threads to bait the mods here because jealousy is a hard pill to swallow. Not a Chief never was Navy, Regular Army worked with the Navy some in the Mekong though...

• SWDawg68SWDawg68 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ok, Ok and just to be clear OK!

This is by far the best site I have ever been a part of, I expect it to be managed appropriately and to that point, it has been. I also understand BamaDawgs point about trying to lighten things up a little, even though I believe he did it for the right reasons, he got the immediate reaction he wanted from me when I saw it!

With all that said, this is what happens when games get canceled and we all have way to much free time! I Blame Vandy for all of it, bunch of very intelligent quitters!

• Kdubb0211Kdubb0211 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He makes a point about killing a soldier with a nuke though. I know there used to be warnings about getting out of hand before you guys just close the thread.

Thanks for your service. Did 22 years myself (Army).

1. You never did answer my question about why not just delete the post, instead of closing the ENTIRE thread. I agree that the one post was totally uncalled for.

2. I'm not hiding from anything. I'm not even for sure why you would post that. I'm just posting my opinion. Please feel free to IM me if you would like to discuss things further.

3. As for the jealousy thing. Initially you are correct, I thought it would be fun to be a mod, but not now. I will say this for the last time, mods have a very thankless job. I imagine that a lot of what yall do is behind the scenes and I appreciate that. I, like others, enjoy reading things on here. I'm glad now that I didnt get picked because I would have probably developed that Nepoleon complex that has afflicted you.

3. Your two posts do nothing but prove my point that you view things on this board as your domain to do with as you please, to heck with what anyone else thinks. Again I hope the other mods are more reasonable.

Take care Chief

• AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hey, we’re all Dawg fans here. Lighten up and enjoy what’s left of your weekend. Can’t we all agree pull for the Dawgs next week against Missou?

• donmedeirosdonmedeiros Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I, too, was offered the opportunity to become a mod, back when I was donm. I declined the offer even though I felt kind of honored by the offer. This thread pretty clearly shows me why I declined. I'm not built for all the criticizing and back and forth. I'm more of a "here 's what I think and it's fine for you to think what you want to" kid of guy. I also thought it would be a lot of work and I think I was correct in that analysis. It would require too much sitting and reading...I'd likely have to buy a vari-desk or something.

• dawfanfromalabamdawfanfromalabam Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2020

Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Mods think the rules don’t apply to them (I’ve been personally attacked by more than one of them).

I modded Dawgpost for YEARS and got just like them over time. I think some of the mods here remember me from that pre-Dawgnation board and carry some animosity. One I even got him a job modding that board too. On DP, over time I felt my opinion mattered more than “regular” posters. Irritated, I would close threads and ban posters I “didn’t like.” Being a mod sucks after a while and you can become bitter like a few mods are here. My advice is to “retire” and just enjoy posting and checking the board when you want instead of it being “a job.” Or take a long look at yourself and do a reset.