Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Jermaine Johnson transferring again, leaving Georgia leadership opportunity for more snaps

2»

Comments

• Options
    DJG76DJG76 Posts: 212 ✭✭✭ Junior

I wish Jermaine well. He'll soon discover the stupidity of his move. More snaps, higher potential for injury at a lesser school with less exposure...the NFL is looking for team players not prima donnas.

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

“Anytime you go through the junior college ranks, you want to get a phenomenal player that can impact your team immediately,”

Have we EVER had a player transfer from JUCO that is a "phenomenal player" that has impacted our team "immediately?" If so, who!?

All do respect to any previous JUCO player(s) on the team or may be on the team in the future (De'Jahn Warren), there is typically a good reason they were at the JUCO level to begin with!

I believe Johnson is making a BIG mistake and I also believe the counsel he is receiving that has led to this decision is suspect, even if it is from his own father. You think it is better to learn an entirely new playbook and prove yourself under new staff with one year of eligibility left? If he is truly as good as he believes he is, then the NFL scouts already have all the film they need to see!

I too wish him the best. I also wish the younger generation would put the team first and trust the truly wise counsel in their life. If coach Smart has proven himself trustworthy, then trust the man when he says you will be best served staying or going.

Proverbs: "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths."

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 793 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I figured he'd go pro next season. It sucks to lose him to another program especially when we don't know what Azeez or A Anderson will do. Hopefully, he'll reconsider we need him and like Kirby says he's becoming a leader for us.

• Options
    DocckDocck Posts: 31 ✭✭ Sophomore

He might get to play a lot at Vandy!

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hate to see him go, but I certainly wish him  the very best.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think he saw how the Chase Young's and Bosa's got paid, Young had 98 tackles and 21 sacks last year. No one on UGA's DL is even going to approach those numbers. Hard to prove you're worthy of a 1st round pick if you can't stay on the field. Not saying KIrby's method is flawed, not saying it's best for the individual either, it is what it is. But let's be real, David Pollack isn't a legend at UGA and a 1st round draft pick under Kirby's system.

• Options
    rtparkerivrtparkeriv Posts: 90 ✭✭✭ Junior

Something wore Missouri down in the second half Saturday. look at their second half offensive performance. Three first downs, no points. Georgia was fresh. Our guys have a lot less wear and tear on them going “into the League.”

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

His dad probably gave UGA "the finger", just like Cade Mays' dad. 😂

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Will be interesting to follow his journey next year. Dad is wanting him in the league quick and that is exactly what would have happened if he would have stayed at Georgia. Not saying it won't where ever he goes. Georgia is going to be a top program next year and he was going to play a major part of that. All them snaps his Dad wants may work out for him or may work against him. Maybe Kirby is protecting his weakness on certain downs and situations. Anyway, the more snaps when you are tired the more risk of injury.

• Options
    Billy21Billy21 Posts: 195 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think everyone has high expectations for next year. With all of these top tier recruits coming in there is going to be a lot of pressure (not that there already is) to win a National Championship. If GA does that, I think player transfers will decline and the program will recruit for itself in the future. I believe I speak for all of us that we are running out of patience, but I wouldn't want anyone else to be HC; maybe need fresh blood with some supporting staff? New rushing schemes?

Whatever it takes!

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm sorry, I just don't believe losing Johnson is going to prove that detrimental to us. And who knows, maybe Olujari's baby brother is planning to transfer out of Baton Rouge, too, and join the Dawgs. But even if not, we've got people who can do what Johnson did for us. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He's a good player, but needs to get better.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Some typical good reasons players go the JUCO route is they had problems with their grades and needed a smaller classroom environment to become successful students, image rehab, and just plain missed by college evaluators. Some junior college players: Cam Newton, Alvin Kamara, Joe Horn, Terrance Cody, Leonard Little, Keyshawn Johnson, Mike Rozier, Nick Fairley, Aaron Rogers, and Josh Heupel. These players may not have become Dawgs, but clearly, Kirby would not be doing his job if he wasn't looking closely at the talent at the JUCO level.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't sweat any player that chooses to leave Athens. The way Kirby and staff recruit, we can use the scholarship space and, especially this year, the room to admit early enrollees!

• Options
    charliewcharliew Posts: 4 ✭ Freshman

Noticed some "I don't like rotation" comments.

When CKS arrived one of his first statements was there is little to no difference between UGA and Ala first 22. But a huge difference in the second 22. A team that is going to compete for championships must be deep and able to play full strength for 60 minutes. Rotating running backs and receivers has long been the norm in order to keep fresh legs on the field. Defense is no different. Having players that can come in and you never notice the difference in how the team is playing is a GOOD THING.

Watch the SEC Championship Game and notice which team will have there hands on their hips in the second half. My take is it won't be Alabama and how many championships do they have?

Just one man's opinion. GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Is the grass greener some where else for Johnson and his dad? Hope it works out for you, but I believe the NFL would see your film at UGA, as much as Podunk U.