Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Smart ‘completely’ supports UGA’s strict marijuana policy: ‘It’s against the law’ By Seth Emerson

SavageDawg17SavageDawg17 Posts: 1,535 mod

DESTIN, Fla. — The first time Kirby Smart was asked about UGA’s stringent drug policy, the team’s new football coach merely said he understood it was in place and deferred to his administration. The next he was asked about it, he again toed the company line, saying he was a “team player.”

This time, when asked about it at SEC meetings, Smart’s answer was different. He sounded all in supporting the school’s rule.

“I’m completely in agreement with the policy we have in place at our place,” Smart said. “Different schools have different policies, but that’s beyond my control. What’s in my control is what we have in our place. And I accept that, and every player accepts that, and they’re told that from the very beginning.

“It’s against the law. That’s the bottom line.”

Read the Full Story on DawgNation here - https://www.dawgnation.com/football/kirby-smart-supports-ugas-marijuana-policy-law

Tagged:

Comments

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Of course he supports it. What, he's getting paid like $4 million / year to support it?

These reporters are being lazy. You can't just ask the people who are getting paid.

They ought to at least do a Watters' World bit where they go out and ask the fans.

Be honest. If you were making $4 million, you'd be all for the marijuana policy too.

• Palm_City_DawgPalm_City_Dawg Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@levander said:
    Be honest. If you were making $4 million, you'd be all for the marijuana policy too.

Hey man, love your posts, but CKS put it best when he said that the players know the policy in place prior to coming to UGA. Whether he or we agree with it, it is what it is...either abide by it, or attend another institution!

@Palm_City_Dawg said:

@levander said:

Hey man, love your posts, but CKS put it best when he said that the players know the policy in place prior to coming to UGA. Whether he or we agree with it, it is what it is...either abide by it, or attend another institution!

Your post kind of reads like you think you disagree with me on something.

But I entirely concur with what you've said here.

Kirby would be making a jackass out of himself if he came out publicly against the marijuana policy. He's paid well to do his job and he should do it. The marijuana policy is annoying. But it's not important enough for someone in Kirby's position to raise hell about. Which even if he just made one comment against it, would end up being what happened in the media.

Someone in Kirby's position, gotta save raising hell for more important stuff.

• Palm_City_DawgPalm_City_Dawg Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sorry...I don't disagree with you on something, just read some sarcasm in there that must not exist. Personally, I think the policy is a little too tough; UGA should be in line with the other institutions in the SEC. That said, the policy is what it is right now...players need to live with it or risk the consequences!

@Palm_City_Dawg I guess the sarcasm was just leveled at how much I believe Kirby is genuine in supporting the rule. Everything till now, he's been like "Nothing I can do about it anyway, why worry about it?" Now all the sudden...

Even though I question how much he believes it, I do think he's doing the right thing. I wonder if someone behind the scenes grabbed him and said, "hey man, you mind stopping making sideways comments about our policies over here?"

The rule will change in the coming years. But having the head coach fly a public pirate flag over the issue just ain't the right way to change it.

If the fans want a pirate flag, they need to go to games & protest & petition and stuff like that.

• MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ghostofuga1 @Kasey @dawgnms I think we’ve got a bot lol

• MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What would you expect the highest paid state employee to say?

• dgd829dgd829 Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

it'll be decriminalized soon enough...

NBA already quit testing for it...

just let people do them its not a PED

• mattmd2mattmd2 Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It is if they need to eat 6,000 calories a day. All from Doritos.