Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football set for New Year's Day Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl matchup

2»

Comments

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm with you @MontanaDawg, let's stop the WHINING about who's not going to be in the game and fire up the ones who are. I don't hear Kirby crying about them. He wishes them well and he moves on. The ones who play in the bowl game are still Georgia Bulldogs, after all, and need our support. Until and unless the CFP gods do as @Bigjohnson92 said and expand the playoffs, these kids are going to keep on opting out because it's what's best for THEM. Most people do the same thing in everyday life, from the POTUS to the lowest. I wanted an 8-team playoff from Day One; I always thought it was **** and unfair to automatically exclude at least one member of the Power 5 from the playoffs before the season even began. And yes, if we win our games, and go to the playoffs ourselves, we wouldn't be worried about these opt outs. I just wish these kids that do opt out would announce it before Signing Day (or that they move the Early Signing period back) so that the coaches actually know who they have to replace.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As much as some of these kids talk about loving UGA and being family. it appears like it's the opposite. I'm not saying no one on the team should skip the bowl game, maybe if you are a potential 1st or maybe 2nd rounder, but anything below that you get one more chance or two with the Senior Bowl to showcase your wares.

Not sure how you improve your stock without playing, if that's what you need to do. Just seems like a fad, all the rats jumping ship, metaphorically speaking only. Maybe they would be ineligible anyways.

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

To all the opt outs, you just showed your team mates what you thought of them.

• Options
    tomdialwestervilletomdialwesterville Posts: 19 ✭ Freshman

This will test UGA's depth . . . again. We did very well last year against Baylor, and my money says the same for this year. Go 'Dogs!!!

• Options
    EugeneMcNeaseEugeneMcNease Posts: 5 ✭ Freshman

The DAWGS are better than this! Could beat Ohio State and or Notre Dame! Rather play Oklahoma or Texas A&M!