Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Kirby Smart Peach Bowl key: 'Is it going to be important to the players?'

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited December 2020 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart Peach Bowl key: 'Is it going to be important to the players?'

Georgia football finishes the 2020 season with a Top 10 matchup against undefeated Cincinnati in the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl at 12:30 p.m. on Jan. 1 in Mercedes-Benz Stadium.

Read the full story here

Comments

• osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 377 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Sorry, posted before I was done, there. My point was, I’m glad we give as many guys as many reps as we can. Likelihood of showing up with an experienced team is higher, even when the starting lineup looks very different.

GO DAWGS!

• VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I love CKS’s comments above. Seems like that Texas game taught him something. Also, with the news of Wyatt likely returning things are looking better. Now, please please please Santa give us Jordan Davis for one more year!

go dawgs!

• gafanlivinginalgafanlivinginal Posts: 62 ✭✭✭ Junior

Kirby needs to remind them of UCF beating Auburn and claiming to be the National Champions.

• NCMtnDawgNCMtnDawg Posts: 35 ✭✭✭ Junior

Opting out of this game is a good decision for a few of our players , but a huge mistake for some of the others. It's a shame that agents and family members push some of these kids to think they're better than they really are. It's their decision and they will have to live with it. Unfortunately, some will look back with regret that they didn't stick with their brothers. Live and learn. Let's not forget that the guys who stay are the ones we will be putting on the field next season against Clemson. What a great opportunity to get better and to bond into a TEAM. Godspeed to all!

• David1David1 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Opt-out = quitting

• 87dawg87dawg Posts: 364 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Seems to me that Kirby is a bit unhappy with some. His words speak volumes. I’m just waiting for some poster to vote his comments down.

• WCHWCH Posts: 474 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

In 2018 the Sugar Bowl coaching from CKM showed how naive he was in allowing three players (Justin Fields, Luke Ford and Deandre Baker) who had quit Dawgnation to be anywhere near the team. Their presence was a cancer. Coach Chaney was pathetic and our defense forgot how to tackle. It's up to coaching to establish that good and great team finish a winners, PERIOD!

I hope that CKM coaches 'em up, because they are going to find themselves in a battle with a very motivated and firedup Cincinnati team.

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,735 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kirby is correct in saying it's up to the players, but isn't it his job to make sure the players see the big picture and get the score? Isn't culling out the weak and the weak minded on his list? Motivation of the players is part of his job, right? Keeping the team's head straight? Yes, that's Kirby's job, too.

In other words, the buck stops with Kirby Smart.

His comments are largely designed to be read by the players and preached by the team leaders. At least I think that's where he's coming from because it's not like him to pass the buck.

Go, Dawgs!

• GardenDawgGardenDawg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭ Junior

"Smart has said in the past he understands first-round picks opting out of bowl games."

None of these players are first rounders. One or two may go by the 3rd. Good luck!

Hope this team seizers the leadership of last year and takes care of business! Go Dawgs!

• TrippTripp Posts: 512 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I think some of these players opting out will wonder if they made a mistake in doing so after the draft. I want to thank them for their contribution to Bulldog football. I wish them well at the next level but in my mind, they are no longer a part of the team. They are former players at this point so their time is over and we have new ready to make their mark.

I’m excited for the opportunity these guys have in front of them. It is an outstanding opportunity for what should be about 90% of opening day 2021 against Clemson will be. Cincinnati will be about the same as Clemson will be next year when Trevor is gone so I think the measuring stick is there.

if JT sticks around for next year, he will be the talk of the talking heads especially with the receivers we have returning.

• Wozzo_the_Wonder_DogWozzo_the_Wonder_Dog Posts: 189 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • SCDawgFanSCDawgFan Posts: 78 ✭✭✭ Junior

Really looking forward to seeing Blaylock back in action next year with this receiving corps!

• 52yeardawgfan52yeardawgfan Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

I love the DAWGS. We love the DAWGS. If you don't want to be a part of the team and this game, then goodbye. I think you are showing your true character and commitment to the DAWGS by opting out. Goodbye and good luck. Five top five recruiting classes in five years. Next man up. I love the Georgia bulldogs. GO DAWGS BEAT CINCY.

• DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior

have no hard feelings to the guys that opt out of a game, but the rule should be, the player loses his privileges of using the football facilities. Let them join a gym to prepare for the Kneeling Football League.

• 2statedawg2statedawg Posts: 21 ✭ Freshman

This will seem like child’s play if the liberals pass their proposed legislation to regulate the college game.

My generation and others will be done with college football if that happens

We grew up with guys that wanted to play football for the University of Georgia. PERIOD!!

Sad to watch it decay, but I’m afraid it’s coming.

• DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Eric Stokes, Tyson Campbell and Azeez Ojulari are projected as possible 1st round picks. Richard LeCounte and Monty Rice are possible 2nd rounders. And if Jordan Davis declares, he's a possible 1st or 2nd rounder. You also have Zamir White and Trey Hill as possibly declaring.

• VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m sorry, I don’t see Tyson or stokes going first or second round. Go back and rewatch the Florida and Bama games. Those boys got whipped like a rented mule.

• OldDawg48OldDawg48 Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

Don’t really like the “opt-out” crap. If you’re a true Dawg

you finish the drill