Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

LIVE UPDATES: Georgia vs. Cincinnati Peach Bowl, news injuries scoring

Comments

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If KS doesn’t make adjustments And get the D fired up we may be on the verge of being embarrassed in the home state. However Dawgs historically tend to be a better second half team so For Now I’m counting on the belief that KS Will make the necessary adjustments And fire the D up. On the O I wish our running game could get hotter though I’m very pleased with Daniels so far. How bout Arian Smith ??!!?? Wow !!! He’s gonna be Really Really good in the future !! Come on Dawgs show up BIG in the second half !!

• GaBoi69GaBoi69 Posts: 323 ✭✭✭ Junior

Georgia defense has not stopped any team in the red zone all season.

• DawgSonOfGamecockDawgSonOfGamecock Posts: 161 ✭✭✭ Junior

Georgia 2018- felt like they should've been in the CFP... phones it in against Texas.

Cincinnati 2020- felt like they should've been in the CFP... actually plays like they're motivated to prove the committee made a mistake.

Hate to give them credit for anything, but after one half it sure looks like the game means more to them.

• Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

3rd quarter, will set the tone.

• BullDawg88888BullDawg88888 Posts: 29 ✭✭ Sophomore

For the life of me I can't figure out how we have an ex-DB as a coach, who recruits 4 and 5 star DB's that consistently are out of position and get beat for balls.

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2021

First half observations...

I said all week the keys to success would be A) Who owns the line of Scrimmage B) Containing Ridder and C) Turnovers

On offense, neither team is running the ball effectively therefore both defense lines are doing their job. Dawgs doing a good job of at least containing Ridder, but he is elusive and only been sacked once. JT threw an interception in the end zone that didn't cost us any points, because we stopped the Bearcats and came back and scored quickly.

Stupid unnecessary penalties on both teams.

Ridder is winning the QB battle. Again, I'm still not sold 100% of Daniels as our savior and today is proving why. He stares down his receivers too often, and other than a couple of Hail Mary vertical passes, he hasn't impressed me all that much. I cringe when he throws the ball into tight coverage, because I know there's a 50-50 chance of an interception. And unfortunately, he is not any kind of run threat for the Bearcats to have to deal with. Daniels has made a couple of mental errors for sure. I think we're going to have to find a way to get our running game moving to have a good chance of winning this game. Our secondary is showing some gaps and Ridder is exposing them.

• VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You just got punched in the mouth.... what you gunna do??

• budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

So 10 points in the 1st half, with this new look offense that is going to resemble Alabama's offense? Not so sure if that is a possibility. Is UC better on defense than UGA.? Sure seems like it.

If UGA doesnt get a stop on the opening drive by Cincy in the 3rd qtr, this game will be over. The players will have quit, especially on defense .

Oops, just got the update. On a 79 yard run. Sad. Another sad showing by the bulldogs. Another 40 years, hear we come.

• Dogbone1Dogbone1 Posts: 15 ✭✭ Sophomore

UGA rarely looks ready to play anymore. Emotionally flat, sloppy, penalty prone.

Earlier this year the offense seemed the limiting factor, and as the season has progressed, the defense has largely reversed itself. Running game struggling for the most part late season. Note the latter 2 are the traditional (over) emphasis of Kirby and now they also have become inconsistent at best.

With these issues unresolved and big losses from the defense this year, we seem (again) in total overhaul mode in the offseason. And a great QB is far from the only required solution.

Top recruiting classes and this result? Must be coaching, and predict Smart may have as few as 2 more years to get the overall thing figured out or he may be packing up. We are now well behind the top 4 teams and looks like Texas A&M and now even OK have blown past us as well. This will be UPHILL I’m afraid.

• OleDawgNewTricksOleDawgNewTricks Posts: 5 ✭ Freshman

Georgia = Over rated 4 and 5 stars. Pathetic coaching.

At least Zeus looks like he wants to win!

Maybe I commented too soon on that one

• Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Can't do that Jt

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well I have to Eat everything I said pre-game. Looks like our COACHES especially the Head Coach didn’t show up

• VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dear Dawgs,

get your c r a p together or quit. This game is an embarrassment! We are better than this and we need to start plying like it!

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If this is a preview of this season's team, 2021 will be a long season.. Definitely not an elite defense, average at best, offense sputtering like a car running on fumes

• BigTenEatsFartsBigTenEatsFarts Posts: 147 ✭✭✭ Junior

Does he not know you can throw the ball out of bounds?

Losing the motivation battle AND the turnover battle. Not a good combo.

• TrippTripp Posts: 512 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I think what we are witnessing here is a Cincinnati team that is far better coached than Georgia. With all the 4 and 5 star recruits versus what Cinci has is a direct reflection of how one coaching staff develops less rated talent and the other staff, not so much.

• budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This is the next o-line? Gave up 3 sacks on that drive, last one being a fumble. Hey kirby , that is how you put pressure on a qb.

Hey defense, that is how you tighten up on a team when they hit the red zone. Not just give up points on 100% of drives that reach it.

I wonder if the cincy fans that are there are going to start chanting "overrated, overrated".

This will be the same this year as this past year. 4th best team in the SEC. Here we come again.