Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football defensive back Tyrique Stevenson enters the transfer portal

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited January 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football defensive back Tyrique Stevenson enters the transfer portal

Georgia defensive back Tyrique Stevenson reportedly entered the transfer portal on Monday, according to a report from Matt Zenitz of Al.com Stevenson started at cornerback for the Bulldogs in the Peach Bowl win over Cincinnati. He had a huge pass break-up late in the game to help Georgia.

Read the full story here

Comments

• CTDCTD Posts: 21 ✭ Freshman

CAN YOU SAY.....TAMPERING.

THIS IS BS!

Go Dawgs.......to somewhere else..........

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If this is true, it's horrible news

• MACDAWGMACDAWG Posts: 255 ✭✭✭ Junior

This makes no sense to me unless he just wants to move closer to home.

• GaBoi69GaBoi69 Posts: 323 ✭✭✭ Junior

Why Kirby and his staff waste their time recruiting kids who do not want to be there at Georgia. They either leave early for the draft or transfer out. I think it is time to go after kids who is willing to invest their time in the program. Investing in recruits who wants to be a bulldog their four years, unless they graduate in three years will benefit the program. Not how many stars they come out of high school with because they are the ones that are leaving. I praise the kids who stayed.

• My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 379 ✭✭✭ Junior

I mean, him and Nolan smith haven’t been the recruits we hoped they would be! Or, smart isn’t developing them and makes rookie HC decisions still, that they know we still have years until a NC appearance and they know they can’t get to the league without some sort of development. Why not go to Miami and learn from Ed Reed! What’s UGAs unofficial moto...maybe next year! Lol

• chilidawg1chilidawg1 Posts: 154 ✭✭✭ Junior

When transfers get immediate eligibility it invites tampering.

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

What are you talking about?! Have you just started watching GA football? Two years ago Deandre Baker won the Jim Thorpe award for best CB in the game!

There is no possible way you are a UGA fan based upon your statements. Please consider trolling elsewhere.

• IowadawgfanIowadawgfan Posts: 64 ✭✭ Sophomore

Please stay young man .. earn it and ball out for that natty 2021

• HunkerDawgHunkerDawg Posts: 76 ✭✭✭ Junior

Makes no **** sense. Something stinks.

• VenomGAVenomGA Posts: 336 ✭✭✭ Junior

I don't understand this decision AT ALL, unless Kirby has some people who are better coming in. We need the depth.

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is total BS. I guarantee he will sign with Miami next week and the NCAA will be close behind thanks to Miami’s obvious tampering. We all read last week that Miami wanted him. Too bad because it looks like Miami is acting like the Miami of old, but Tyrique is too young to know about Miami’s history of sleaziness....arguably the sleaziest program in history. Looks like Miami has resurrected their lowlife behavior. Go Dawgs and I look forward to winning the NCAA championship without Tyrique.

• TrippTripp Posts: 512 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Stevenson plays a big role at Georgia so I really don't think he is dissatisfied with the playing time. Of course he may want to be on the field every snap. A lot of guys come out of high school where they were the alpha male on their high school team and when they get here they are quickly introduced to a team full of alpha males with some of them being juniors and seniors. I think they have probably been treated like the king at their high school and when they get to a top level D1 school, they are nothing more than a young football player with good talent but needs better development to catch up with those ahead of them. NCAA has with its transfer rules has really made it difficult to hang on to these high profile athletes.

• JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

The kid is from South Florida originally but when he was getting recruited, the U was in turmoil. Now they have the ship righted somewhat and you know he has got to have a lot of friends and family down there. He is probably hoping he can go back home and play one more season in front of the home folks, against easier ACC competition too, and parlay that into a first or second round draft pick in 2022.

Sorry to see him go (if he ultimately does) but I am not going to hate him for it. I am glad he was there to make the play against Cincy.

This makes getting Terrion Arnold at signing day even that much more of a priority. Also time for Speed, Brini and Poole to show why they were recruited in the first place.

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is truly odd in that (as far as we know) Stevenson was very likely to be a starter somewhere next year in the UGA defensive backfield. But UGA fans, let's not assume that Miami came looking for him; HE could have reached out to them first. Maybe he's homesick, although kids don't usually take 3 years to get homesick. Or maybe he's not feeling it with the coaches, though I find that hard to believe since he started in the Peach Bowl. But usually kids transfer because they aren't getting the chance to play, not when they're looking a starting position in the face. Guess CKS and Co. will have to be out on the transfer beat themselves to find a decent cover corner or two. Still not too worried yet. I thought Brinni played quite well in the Peach Bowl, especially in the second half. Hopefully that gave him confidence that he can maintain throughout the Spring and Summer practices. And we can count on Lewis Cine and Christopher Smith at safety. Now one of those other highly rated recruits will just have to step up and do it quickly.

• Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 405 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Bummer. Real bummer man.

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep, real bummer he won’t get a National Championship ring. Oh well

• Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 405 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited January 2021

This article was written about 5hr ago. However 4hr ago, on his IG he shared a highlight reel of himself from this season with the caption “To be continued”. George Pickens then reshaped and captions “Let’s do it!”. Lord have mercy the drama lol.

• adawgadawg Posts: 14 ✭ Freshman

Cade Mays was a starter & he transferred, but I thought that was weird then & this is weird now. Mays started the bowl game against Baylor. Both players were from the area of the future transfer school. I’ve always thought it was weird though.