Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

BA predicting Auburn would win the SEC West

levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Has he said anything about this on his podcast? I’m a on-again/off-again listener, so I’m not sure. Is he all I told you so about it? Or I know he was starting to back off the prediction after the Clemson loss. So maybe he feels dumb for backing off? I didn’t ever hear him completely back off and say it’s not gonna happen. But he may have gone that far.

Comments

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Didn’t back off. Angel in the outfield prediction, but it came true and props to him.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

BA was also saying Stidham was way overrated and too fragile...saying he'd be hurt and miss much of the season. Not exactly Nostradamus on that one.

• JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All season BA has said Stidham was underrated and poised to lead AU to Atlanta.
    He also has maintained that Jalen Hurts was overrated and would cost Bama a big game.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@DawgNationDaily said:
    Donm, when did I ever say that about Stidham?

I'm not sure of the date but it was in the summer, during one or more podcasts. I think. Do you not recall it? It seems clear in my mind, but I might be wrong and if so, I do apologize.

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Was thinking about this while at the grocery store yesterday. Surprised BA calling Auburn winning the SEC West wasn’t a bigger deal.

I know I’ve said in the past BA may be a better entertainer than football analyst. But now any time anybody throws any shade like that his way, BA’s gonna like “yeah, how many people thought Auburn was gonna win the West in ‘17??!” Well, I imagine he can get at least a year of mileage out of that, probably some mileage the year after that. 5 years later if he’s still falling back on that, it’s gonna be really old.

And no, I don’t think calling BA a better entertainer than football analyst is an insult. Not all the time, but probably most of the time. I’m not really coming here for football analysis. I’m usually coming here because I’m bored and I think some football analysis could entertain me. Being a good entertainer isn’t something everyone can do.

• DawgsauceDawgsauce Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@DawgNationDaily said:

You also said Kirby Smart would start wearing a top hat by mid-season and that GA Tech is our real rival. Still waiting on that weekend podcast you promised as well!

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Dawgsauce said:

@DawgNationDaily said:

You also said Kirby Smart would start wearing a top hat by mid-season and that GA Tech is our real rival. Still waiting on that weekend podcast you promised as well!

The world is flat and the moon is made of cheese... we all know these things. Bring us something new...

• PlayHurtPlayHurt Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Make no mistake about it, ga tek is not only our real rival but our biggest rival.

• DawgsauceDawgsauce Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@levander On Friday's show, which was the 600th episode, @DawgNationDaily played a clip from the first show ever. In it, BA predicted that Georgia would be a playoff team that year (2015). He was able to laugh off how wrong he was and also said he gets predictions wrong all the time. He hasn't been beating the I told you so horse too much with the Auburn prediction.

• superblackeaglesuperblackeagle Posts: 303 ✭✭✭ Junior

Barrett Sallee predicted Georgia's season 100% correct and even called the rematch win over Auburn in SEC championship on Finebaum the week before the Notre Dame game