Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football podcast: 4-star RB Branson Robinson raves about UGA in recent interview

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited April 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football podcast: 4-star RB Branson Robinson raves about UGA in recent interview

Georgia football is the No. 1 topic every day on DawgNation Daily — the daily podcast for Georgia Bulldogs fans. Catch up on everything happening with UGA athletics with host Brandon Adams and the DawgNation experts as they break down the latest Georgia football recruiting news and discuss coach Kirby Smart’s quest

Read the full story here

Comments

• DCDawgDCDawg Posts: 12 ✭ Freshman

If Lanning is hired by Kansas, who would become the DC? Is that person currently on the staff or would Kirby Smart bring in someone from outside of the program?

• dukedookdukedook Posts: 14 ✭ Freshman

I’ve heard several National CFB guys recently raving about Oklahoma for a run at the national title this year. How much fun would it be for UGA to play them again, this time in the National championship game? If that happened, Do you think it would be hyped more or less than the 2017 game?

• PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 391 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Lanning would be a fool to take the Kansas position with all of its baggage. He should give the Dawgs 2-3 more years and a Top Tier Head Coaching [position would be open.

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2021

I agree, a poor showing in Kansa as HC could drop his stock considerably when another HC job becomes available. Then again, nowhere better than a cellar dweller program to cut your teeth as a HC. Expectations aren't high, you gain valuable coaching experience, and make several million in the process. Taking a top tier job to start a head coaching career may not be a wise choice at this point with no experience as a HC.

• My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 379 ✭✭✭ Junior

BA, talking about the 2022 recruiting class could be the best UGA has ever done is just a moo point. What is the point of getting all this great talent if we can’t get the most out of them. CKS is just CMR but with better talent, they can’t get over the Bama/LSU hump. We should easily have split wins between them, but we get dominated almost every time. Losing games we shouldn’t, etc. every year. All I’m saying is don’t get too excited about the 2022 class or any class until we can show that we can do it in the field, you don’t win any championships by winning the offseason.

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2021

Maybe promote Glen Schuman to DC? Knows the program very well, has built relationships with the players, and seems to enjoy working with Kirby, just a thought. I DEFINITELY don't want to see the name Grantham come up as a possible replacement if Lanning goes.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

Also can't forget Muschamp waiting there in the wings as an easy replacement if Lanning chose to go.

I doubt Lanning goes for this Kansas job, but he will be a HC sooner or later.