Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football podcast: FOX Sports projects JT Daniels as first pick in 2022 draft

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited May 2021 in General
imageGeorgia football podcast: FOX Sports projects JT Daniels as first pick in 2022 draft

<i>Georgia football is the No. 1 topic every day on DawgNation Daily — the daily podcast for Georgia Bulldogs fans. Catch up on everything happening with UGA athletics with host Brandon Adams and the DawgNation experts as they break down the latest Georgia football recruiting news and discuss coach Kirby Smart’s quest to return the Bulldogs to the top of the SEC. On episode No. 1,433 (May 4, 2021) of the podcast, Georgia fans can hear a discussion about where FOX Sports’ Jason McIntyre projected Georgia quarterback JT Daniels to be selected in the 2022 NFL draft.</i>

Read the full story here

Comments

• DeppDawgDeppDawg Posts: 15 ✭ Freshman

Great commentary from Colin - very sharp dude.

A point about the "gotta have X first round picks" discussion, specifically about Alabama comparison. A recent analysis I saw was mind-opening. What does Alabama do, maybe better than anyone else? They KEEP THEIR PLAYERS IN SCHOOL. I think something like 5 of those 6 first round picks were seniors (correct me if I'm wrong).

Georgia? Nope. So, bottom line, guys coming out early (especially when there are injury concerns) rather than coming back for a year when they have the option? Makes a BIG difference in their draft stock.

Hey, some guys have a personal/family situation that makes the choice a no-brainer; quicker to the League, sooner you can help out your family. But just wanted to point this out; thought it was an interesting observation.

And it could be due, solely, to the ALA mystique (or Saban's pressure/attitude), but no matter what, it's interesting.

• VenomGAVenomGA Posts: 336 ✭✭✭ Junior

that and they know there is a HUGE chance of being in the playoffs and championship game just about EVERY year!!!

• DawgsonTopDawgsonTop Posts: 521 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hope for a great season, but this time last year the talking heads had Jamie Newman in the Heisman discussion. So let’s pump the brakes.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

Yea but I don’t think JT is planning on opting out for Covid this year either.

• DawgsonTopDawgsonTop Posts: 521 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • emanresuemanresu Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

JT Daniels is a 1st rd draft pick but exactly where in the 1st rd is the question and its way too early for that type of speculation because there's so many subjective factors that go into that. As an addendum, I'd like to see JT at about 220 lbs AT LEAST (Hes listed at 6'3 210lbs) and drafted by a team that doesn't need him to take the reigns immediately because that could b bad for him if that team doesn't have a STELLAR O line. Aaron Rodgers didn't do it (Start year 1)and neither did Pat Mahomes and Rodgers at least, is on the very short list of the Greatest QBS ever and that list is about 5 names long.

• how2fishhow2fish Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I of course hope this comes true but I have to ask , how in the heck do you project someone as the No.1 draft pick after 4 games and a bowl game that we were trailing in for most of the game? I can see us having great success if we can keep JT on his feet and healthy. And the rest of the team plays lights out and we can stay healthy. But is he the best player in college football ? That is IMHO a reach. I hope he is and proves it but as of May 6th 2021 I don't see it , I humbly submit we will have a much better idea after Sept 4th.

• ForestryDawgForestryDawg Posts: 29,205 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This has clearly gotten some peoples attention. This the same guy who supposedly gavee the bad advice to Newman, tweeting at Daniels.

What a scumbag.

• stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

There are some analysts that do not have him ranked as the best quarterback in the SEC. They feel the Old Miss quarterback is better. What I do know is he will be good this year. My hope is he can stay healthy. If he can not there is a proven backup in Bennett, which a lot of teams do not have, Clemson being one of those teams.