Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Breakfast, lunch and dinner ideas for Athens

texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,574 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We will be in Athens for a day and half in June. It’s been awhile since I’ve been back.

Would appreciate some breakfast, lunch and dinner ideas.

Some places that help my son experience Athens. He’s only been to Athens once.

Comments

• ultimatedawgultimatedawg Posts: 428 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

For breakfast for me its either Ideal bagels or Mamas boy Lunch is usually Clocked ,Little Italy or Globe. (once it reopens ) Dinner is Last Resort, 5 Bar, Porterhouse or DePalmas Also Pauleys is good but you have to put with staring at all the co-eds that seem to live there.

• ForestryDawgForestryDawg Posts: 29,205 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mama’s Boy is the obvious choice for breakfast, but Ideal Bagel or Zombie are also great spots.

For lunch Weaver D’s is okay, but I always enjoyed Peaches (RIP) or Food for the Soul more. Kelley’s is an amazing Jamaican spot if you can handle the heat. Some people are fans of Saucehouse BBQ or Fresh Air BBQ, of the two I would choose Saucehouse. Grindhouse for a burger.

In Five Points for dinner, 5 & 10, Dinner Party (formerly Donna Chang’s, it’s family style Chinese), the Royal Peasant, home.made, Marker 7, George’s Low Country

Downtown for dinner, Last Resort (duh), The National, The Place, South Kitchen + Bar, Ted’s Most Best (pizza), Seabear Oyster Bar, Porterhouse, Chuck’s Fish, Iron Factory (Korean BBQ)

Not all Athens restaurants take reservations so you may just want to call ahead and see.

• texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,574 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great stuff. Knew I’d get great answers. Looks like it will just be breakfast and lunch. Have to be at that university that’s about 90 mins Northeast of Athens earlier than I thought the next day.

But we won’t mention names

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

Georgia State? Would make sense because they defeated an SEC school a couple years back.

While you’re up there, if you have time, you should try The Smokin’ Pig BBQ in Pendleton

• allywallyw Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I haven’t eaten there myself, but Clarke’s Standard is pretty popular as well. The Rook and Pawn downtown is super cool as well but I’d probably think more for lunch than a nice dinner. Have so much fun!

• AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Smokin’ Pig in Anderson is as good (same owner) and only 3 miles from my house..

Where is Pendleton and Anderson. Are they located near Clemson?

Yes. Pendleton is just outside of town, south of Clemson. Anderson is about another 15 miles south of Pendleton.

OK. Good options . Fly out of Greenville that night and have a couple of hours to kill.

• BarkingDawgBarkingDawg Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Haven’t eaten at either, but saw two places on Saturday down south episode about food in Athens. One was Scott’s BBQ (big dawg fans) and the other was Pablos Polleria both on Danielsville Road close to each other NE of Athens on the way to the school that shall not be named.😉 Wish you and your son well!