Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

BREAKING: 5-star ATH Deyon Bouie de-commits from UGA

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited June 2021 in Article commenting
imageBREAKING: 5-star ATH Deyon Bouie de-commits from UGA

DawgNation's daily pulse on UGA recruiting from Jeff Sentell

Read the full story here

Comments

• MACDAWGMACDAWG Posts: 255 ✭✭✭ Junior

I smell a rat.

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ouch !!! Hope Kirby and company can shore this up and fast !! Two 5’s back to back stings pretty bad. BUT there’s still a chance Both could come back before the fat lady even warms up her vocal chords. Plus I’m confident Kirby and staff have other quality targets they are working hard with. These things are gonna happen it’s just the state of affairs with college football these days. The thing that would speak loudest for UGA is win Big in 2021 what ever height that may be. Win Big, win big consistently and the quality guys will continue to come. I wouldn’t be shocked if Both these guys came back to UGA before it’s all over. Sure can’t blame them for checking out all their options.

• zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 410 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Texas A&M will never be the program that UGA is. That's just a fact. These are kids that like the shiny new object. UGA will get the class they need to compete for Championships. Texas A%M might have a decent team every now and then, but they won't be in the hunt yearly. Jimbo Fisher has, and always will be, a scumbag. So there's that. This is a minor blip in the road. No one person makes a team.

• PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 391 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

A&M better prey that they are doing this by the book,so better Bouie and Bear.

• KelevraKelevra Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

LOL. UGA and A&M are using the same book. A&M’s just had more “paper”

• KelevraKelevra Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

UGA Fans & @JeffSentell

Jimbo is probing your program and recruiting landscape. He did the same thing with LSU after hiring Austin Thomas (LSU’s General Manager) in 2018. Now, he’s using former UGA Assistant Nick Williams to pull back UGA’s recruiting cover.

• DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior

You just had to know that some football programs would use the new NIL rules to help their recruiting. Combine that with Jimbo Fisher, this generation's version of Jackie Sherrill, and get ready for the new wild west at A&M.

• jackbmattjackbmatt Posts: 120 ✭✭✭ Junior

But it's ok when someone decommits to come to Georgia? Plenty of those.

• Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Still early, when signing day comes all will be forgotten.

• ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

just great. Recruiting in the SEC is a blood sport.

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't see anything wrong with that. I know people are all "commit to the school not the coaches", but that's a load of crap. A school is just buildings : people are whom you see and deal with everyday. I'm sure a position coach is kinda like a roommate for football players - they see them a lot.

There is certainly nothing unreasonable about a recruit wanting to check out the school that someone he has become close to has now moved to. I'd do it to at least evaluate it and tell the guy that I gave his school "a shot" even if I didn't believe I'd go there.

Honestly, if I was a 5-star, I wouldn't rush a decision. I'd choose my officials very carefully, take them all and wait until things shook out and how teams built together and fit into my strengths. Last thing I'd want is pressure to be recruiting others to join my team.

• DawggolferDawggolfer Posts: 47 ✭✭✭ Junior

Do these kids realize they can "explore other opportunities" without decommitting?

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This kid (parents too) doesn't realize just how far College Station is from Bainbridge Ga. No short trips home on the weekends to see the family and to walk around town like a stud and a hero playing for the state team, or 4 hour drives to the game for all the aunts and uncles and grandparents, those days are gone.

• tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Well, that's two that was so committed, but really wasn't. I wish they would use another word, instead use " I really don't know at this time, I have to go see more eye candy, at the end I will be somewhere on National Signing Day".

• EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It's so early and for UGA to have this many commits already is rare for Kirby. Wait til Aug when they amp it up. And hey you win some and lose some. No need to talk negative about it.