Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Can I ask a favor?

DawgNationDailyDawgNationDaily Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I read comments at the end of every episode of DND. I'm set to finish pre-recording my vacation shows for next week today, and I need a few more comments to read for them.

Would y'all mind sharing your thoughts or asking a question about any issue related to UGA? (or really, any topic at all) I'm sure what ever is interesting to y'all would be interesting to the rest of the audience as well.

If you feel like participating, would you mind sharing your thoughts in this thread?

thanks!

Comments

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

Who will take over as the number one WR with Pickens out for the year?

• mattmd2mattmd2 Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2021

Our offense has elite weapons (and depth) in pretty much every single skill position; however, RBs need room to run and JTD needs time to throw. Will our OL be strong enough to allow those guys to really succeed? Or will the running and passing games be stifled by opposing DLs?

Looking ahead at the schedule, UGA will face at least 3 new HC's (USCjr. UTjr. Awbarn.) What's the approach to scheming for a game against a coach and system you've not really seen before?

• dawgfantipdawgfantip Posts: 259 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Ketchup on hot dogs. Sacrilege, take it or leave it or have to have it ? For me it depends the quality of the dog and other available toppings and condiments. I'll put ketchup on a cheap dog before I eat it dry.

• lifelongdawglifelongdawg Posts: 24 ✭✭✭ Junior

who gets more carries this season Kendal Milton or Zeus?

Looking Waaaay ahead. Let's say Georgia gets it done in the regular season and reaches the CFP this year. Which out-of-conference (i.e. Non-Bama) team could give the Dawgs the biggest hurdle in attaining the NC? OSU? OK? Clemson round 2?

• Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Darnell Washington is a physical freak.

Will we use him to his full potential as a mismatch nightmare?

• BumBum Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

How are the new transfer portal guys getting along with their new teammates and coaches? As we have seen in the past, this is very important.

• DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Shooting down false narratives of other fan bases by confronting them with facts. For example ‘Kirby does not develop’ Well we know he is putting three stars into money positions in the NFL draft. Would appreciate some further data and analysis to confront such false narratives.

• MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So being that the Turnage thing didn't work out, I'm guessing the Tulsa cb is the go to. Along with verification if that is your thought as well, if we did have another decommit whatever position; does that open up another spot for someone else to get a look from the portal? Super excited about Kendrick and Smith. But I think we need to get Ringo, Green, Kimber and Lassiter as many reps as possible. Different ceilings among the 4. But they are very talented no doubt. They're going to be needed this year. And imo, Ringo is opposite of Kendrick by mid year. Just too talented. But I'd hate to see one of them jet because we bring in another transfer. Hope that makes sense.

Oh, and what is it going to take to get some financial investment for Foley field? We're at the bottom of the SEC in baseball facilities.

• Beach73Beach73 Posts: 50 ✭✭✭ Junior

If we are adding possible additional DB's via the Portal, don't they need to be in Athens for the summer, starting this week. It takes a good while to understand the Kirby/Lanning system of coverages. Every day of learning is critical, right?

That's what I was saying. If the Tulsa guy is an option it should happen soon. But if we go with what we have I'm ok with that too. They're just green.

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2021

@DawgNationDaily Do you think that the offensive line has gotten enough of a DawgNation Daily focus on being the foundation for Georgia's potentially dynamic offense??? My concern is that this year's version of the 2021 offensive line (although they are very talented) they have not been tested, and then gelled together as a unit. Here in the off-season (the "talking season") we are all speculating (perhaps dreaming?) of SOME REALLY BIG THINGS from UGA OC Todd Monken, and UGA QB J.T. Daniels and company with all of those multitude of offensive weapons. However, NONE of that even begins to take place at all if this year's offensive line cannot run block , and pass block, and do both kinds of blocking very well consistently all year. GO DAWGS!!!

• BarkingDawgBarkingDawg Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2021

Where are the resting places of all past Uggas? Were they moved during the west end locker room/plaza renovation or not and is there a way to place flowers or dog bones 🦴 on their graves.

• ChopperChopper Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Is Shatner’s ‘78 Rocketman truly the best cover of all time?

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Ben Folds' produced Shatner/Joe Jackson cover of Pulp's "Common People" is also classic. Perhaps Brandon could just do a moment of appreciation for the incredible/incomparable/immortal William Shatner, who is now 90 years old. God bless him.