Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

NC State disqualified from CWS semi final because of Covid protocols

BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wow. What a heartbreaker for those guys and their fans. Too bad there isn’t more money at stake like there is with professional sports, where a game of such magnitude would have simply been postponed. Tough pill for those guys to swallow, especially when you consider nobody is actually even sick.

Comments

• Dawg1419Dawg1419 Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

More BS covid crap. Time to move along

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

They might have been. Vaccinated people still test positive. All of the Yankees coaches who tested positive had been vaccinated. They are testing people who don’t need to be tested. If the team hasn’t been vaxx’d then I can guarantee the susceptible people around the team have been - coaches, trainers, support staff, umpires, etc. Foolishness.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

Then if that’s the case they should mask up and make sure they are keeping distance. If someone has been vaccinated and is still held out, it seems to be an over abundance of caution that isn’t helpful

• BillyDawg1BillyDawg1 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This crisis has revealed how deep the paranoid insanity has penetrated in this country. Protocols are not some deep state plot, they are common sense measures needed to save lives.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

So far this thread hasn’t veered into the political. Let’s keep it that way.

Just a small sample to illustrate a point - Fulton Co has a population of 1.7 million people. In the past 28 days, a total of 13 people have died as an “attributed” result of covid. Thirteen out of 1,700,000,000.

Of those, 100% are over the age of 50. The demographic breakdown is as follows: 1 person was asian, 1 person was caucasian, 9 were black, and 2 were “other.”

I’m not sure “common sense” is really applicable in a decision to keep 18-22 year college baseball players off of the field.

edited June 2021

I disagree and I'm amazed so many people seem to not understand the meaning behind the concept of ''greater good'' in context to limiting the spread of a communicable virus.

Debating this is pointless now though, opinions are cemented. I will say your focus on race is odd.

I think proof of vaccination should be required to enter any NCAA event through 2021. Too many people are spreading the idea that ''it's over'', I think it's due to factors other than the facts at hand. We need to see what happens during flu season before letting our collective guard down. I've had both shots and I carry the card in my wallet. If any proprietor requests I show it before entering their establishment, I'll be happy to oblige.

• dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,169 mod

If you have been vaccinated you are not contagious if you have Covid.

• how2fishhow2fish Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well that might work in a country that is not divided over having to show ID to vote..what kind of response do you expect from having to present proof you have had a shot?

Everybody should know the rule before they buy their tickets and drive to Athens. I agree many would choose not to attend in protest though. The almighty dollar would probably pander to the loons.

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,646 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2021

Crazy that half country doesn't give a crap about Covid and half is absolutely obsessed and terrified. Florida is wide open, by the way, and doing very well (we never really went into any major lockdowns). It's utter nonsense to disqualify a university over this. This reeks of politics.

edited June 2021

There is nothing common sense about having to wear a mask that has been determined to not prevent the spread. It was only for appearances...to make others "feel" safe. Fauci said at the very beginning that mask don't work. One of the few times he was correct. I knew it was all BS when my son had a doctor's appointment last summer and he had to wear a mask to the hospital. He cut up an old sock....literally an old sock, and wore it. They let him in with that.

The antibodies from the vaccine are supposed to prevent you from developing a large enough viral load to be contagious. That is why vaccinated people have been granted special privilege to stop wearing masks. That is what I keep hearing, although they are clear that the shots aren’t always effective in this manner. Some 500+ Americans have still died of covid even though they have received the vaccine. Pretty sure all of those people had enough viral load to be contagious. Important to note virtually all had significant underlying conditions.

"Granted special privilege"? Not sure where you live, but here in Florida we don't play that game. Masks are ineffective, period. The proof is in the pudding. Florida never went to a mandatory mask law and our rates of infection are pretty low.

This discussion has been closed.