Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Jake Fromm in tough battle to keep NFL roster spot

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited June 2021 in Article commenting
imageJake Fromm in tough battle to keep NFL roster spot

There’s more chatter from the Buffalo media on how Jake Fromm’s future with the Bills may be in jeopardy this summer.

Read the full story here

Comments

• chilidawg1chilidawg1 Posts: 154 ✭✭✭ Junior

Jake may be paying the price for a bad decision.

• khummelkhummel Posts: 801 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Coincidentally, was talking to a dude from Buffalo today about Fromm (all of whom are rabid Bills fans). We both agreed he's a great kid with solid football skills (and exceptional football IQ) who's as committed as anyone, but needed another year at Georgia. No matter, Jake will land on his feet somewhere, even if it's not as an NFL quarterback... it's just not in his DNA to not be successful somewhere at something respectable, Go Dawgs!!

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Coaching may be more in Jake’s future than NFL QB. I can’t help but believe Fromm made a bad decision at least in part because he didn’t want to come out in the same class as Fields and get drafted in a later round.

• BassDawgBassDawg Posts: 125 ✭✭✭ Junior

Maybe he should go get some advice from Quincy Avery.

• khummelkhummel Posts: 801 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree he'd be a great coach, whenever and wherever that might occur. But I disagree with your rational for his going pro early... he never seemed bothered by what Fields was doing leading up to then, so why then?! Besides, Fromm was fully capable of taking Georgia quite far last year... and who knows, maybe earning an early round pick. I just think he got bad advice from listening to his fan club, who is exactly who you shouldn't listen to if you want unbiased, objective advice.

• RealityBasedDawgFanRealityBasedDawgFan Posts: 198 ✭✭✭ Junior

Just more evidence that CKS did not have a great grasp of the situation with his QBs when he made the decision to completely blow the opportunity when he had both QBs in his stable. I agree with the previous poster about him landing on feet, but it has more to do with class than DNA.

• RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Still shocked he left early.

• WCHWCH Posts: 474 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Fromm's leaving UGA a year early was a big mistake as far as his future in the nfl is concerned. Why he did it I'll never understand. But he's a millionaire now and will probably will never play in a pro game. He's still going to have a wonderful life.

• DrAlvinSmithDrAlvinSmith Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

Jake a great young man and we all @ Dawg Nation hold him with two hands. It goes without saying another year would have given him the credibility that he needed going forth. At the end of the day you cannot give what you do not have. Jakes, is in good hands!

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Let's be honest, Jake could have come back for one more year and accomplished more things to add to his resume and then went to the combine and still not impressed anyone with his arm. It's why Tebow wasn't allowed to be a QB. All he knew how to do was win, but it was never easy or pretty when he did in the NFL , the bottom line wasn't enough, so he had to go. Same thing with Danny Wuerfel. Heisman trophy guy who set records passing but just didn't have a cannon. Don't have to feel sorry for Jake he will be alright. Tremendous character,. DGD!

• stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

Let’s be real, Jake was never going to be a NFL quarterback. He did not have the physical skills needed. I am surprised he was even drafted. This is not to say he was not a very good quarterback because he was. It is unfortunate he did not return to cement his legacy. One has to wonder about his relationship and trust with Kirby. Surely Kirby did not tell him leaving early was in his best interest. I think there is much more to this than we will ever know.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

He isn’t built for Monken’s system so it was either go pro or have a worse season than his junior year. He went pro.

Interesting in Formm declared for the draft on 8 January and Monken was not hired until 17 January.

Interesting you don’t think things happen behind the scenes before they are announced to thr public.

Actually I do.. At the time of these events neither Newman nor Daniels had become part of the team at least publicly. Then as you said all of this could have been going on behind these scenes which would of course imply tampering. Equally if Monken is the OC we are lead to believe he is then he would have put Formm in a position to be successful. The truly good OC’s adjust their offenses to fit the skill sets of the players that are on the roster.

soon they would figure out Jake can only hand off and throw back shoulder fades.

Yes Beck was a freshman. I unfortunately missed all the games he played in last year. I do however remember Bennett