Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

BREAKING: 4-star WR Kojo Antwi commits to Ohio State on his Mom’s birthday

SystemSystem Posts: 11,049 admin
edited July 2021 in Article commenting
imageBREAKING: 4-star WR Kojo Antwi commits to Ohio State on his Mom’s birthday

DawgNation's daily pulse on UGA recruiting from Jeff Sentell

Read the full story here

Comments

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You just never know about these young men. I thought he was real high on UGA just recently ?? Maybe I read wrong or just misunderstood. Anyway I wish him the very best as long as it’s not playing against us or in a game that will have negative impacts for UGA if they win. I hope our recruiting reignites pretty soon. Not complaining. I just hope the flame jumps back up higher.

• tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Another one leaving Georgia for some place else.

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2021

Just because a coach is "possibly" sending players to the NFL, it doesn't mean it'll be automatic for you. You'll find out soon enough for yourself. Best of luck young man in the WEAK little 10..GoDAWGS!

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Oh and meant to add don’t be shocked if you see this young man in the transfer portal at some point down the road. I hate to knock on the young man after all it Is his life . And he’s gotta do what he feels best for Him. I get that. But I think that provided he gave the required effort and maintained a positive attitude, I honestly think that with the new type offense under Monken, he just walked away from a golden opportunity playing at UGA. Any school can promise intangible “possibilities”. That’s what he just got from OSU. As I said earlier I still wish him the best as long as it doesn’t negatively impact UGA. But I think he like several others made a huge mistake. UGA is a program on the rise, in particular on offense. If we’re talking in terms of just possibilities those are HUGE for the Dawgs !! Again in particular the offense. If I were a very good to great WR or TE or even still a RB I’d definitely want to play at UGA and grow along with that program. But a person gotta do what they think is best.........

• JudgeDog31JudgeDog31 Posts: 30 ✭✭ Sophomore

Maybe he will change his mind if the year for UGA shows him something. If not, he can come home to UGA via the portal. Respect his decision, but hope he will reconsider.

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It's my opinion that a commitment that hangs heavily on a position coach, rather than the school, has proven to be a mistake more often than not. I hope he has great success at Ohio State and with his likely unknown future receiver's coach.

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wow......this is a real disappointment. I’m impressed with his self confidence and sad he picked the Buckeyes. I’m kinda surprised because at #16 he is the 2nd lowest (or is it highest ???) ranked Ohio State WR out of 7 over the past 2 recruiting cycles. The 2022 class has the #3, #5, #16 (Antwi) and #21 WRs, while the 2021 class had the #1, #14 and #15. Talk about competition and an excessive amount of talent at the WR position. Wish they would share their wealth. Go Dawgs!!!

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So, you base your choice on how well you bond with your fellow wide receivers over a couple of days?

I thought he already had a bond with Gunner? Did I misread that? I mean, maybe it takes a couple of weeks longer to bond at UGA, then at Ohio St., it's still going to happen.

Maybe that was his dream school and if it was then that's cool, I just don't get these guys that wanna play for some opposing state school instead of playing for your home state? You can't hardly get a kid out of Louisiana to play anywhere but LSU. Wish it were that way in Georgia. Maybe UGA didn't show him the love he needed and I mean that sincerely.

edited July 2021

Doesn't mean hardline couldn't end up elsewhere in the future.. What then? Transfer to be with a coach instead of committing to a University?

• WCHWCH Posts: 489 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • KaseyKasey Posts: 29,248 mod

I was more commenting on the current WR coach Brian Hartline being well known and a good recruiter. I wasn't trying to imply Kojo only committed because of his position coach.

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2021

I strongly doubt he that didn't receive the love. For months now he's seemingly been just about the only receiver I've heard about Georgia going after in this class (aside from Morissette). It's gotten to the point where I feel like I'm missing something. #16 at his position and his potential decision has been covered as though he's a generational talent. Don't get me wrong, I'm not bad mouthing the kid, this isn't sour grapes, and I know recruiting rankings aren't everything. Really. I've been wondering about this for a while. Is the consensus that he's greatly underrated? Maybe he doesn't do the whole camp circuit thing, so he never got that rating bump? I'm sure there's a reason he's been so highly sought, I'm not doubting the expertise of those who have assessed him so highly. It's just that from my/our perspective on the outside looking in, it's just curious is all.

• natejawsnatejaws Posts: 170 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'd care more if the transfer portal wasn't there. Now it doesn't matter as much because a kid will transfer home if he doesn't like the school. Still need to recruit at an elite level but I'm not too worried about any one recruit committing.

According to excerpts stated in the article, he committed to a position coach who whispered sweet nothing's in his ear, a coach who can "possibly" put 2 WR in the NFL draft for 2 consecutive years..and"relationships" that were built on a 2 day visit. Thats borders on being comical. Transfer portal makes it easy now if you aren't happy, just transfer, no reason needed.