Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

No more ZZ Top

ChopperChopper Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Comments

• SAVDGDSAVDGD Posts: 860 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dang I'm sorry to hear that.

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'll be honest, I couldn't really get into their music other than the song sharp-dressed man, but I give credit where credit is due. Legendary beard and legendary band. RIP

• MarkBoknechtMarkBoknecht Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Saw them in Statesboro in '71 or '72. Great concert. Great band. Rest in Peace Dusty Hill.

• how2fishhow2fish Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just ****....RIP !

• Bulldawg90Bulldawg90 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just ****. Interesting documentary about these guys not too long ago. Good dudes.

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

Didn't see the Doc, but these guys were low keyed, down to earth and just loved what they did. Classic in all sense of Rock n' Roll and fame that comes with it. RIP....

• SWDawg68SWDawg68 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

End of an era right there!

I was in college in the late 80's, they were always playing on my Clarion G80D with 3 Ga-505/ 100 Watt amps through 4 Babb 6X9s, I had skreet cred in Americus, Ga

Just takes me back to times of gimmie all your lovin, I visited LaGrange just because they sang about the word and Lordy, Lordy, Lordy - hot girls with long legs!!!

My prayers go out to the boys and I would love to hear the words of Reverend Billy G's eulogy!

RIP Dusty, the 4 string pluck will always be ours because of you!

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

Helped Billy Gibbons at my hotel once. Definitely one of the cooler guys I’ve ever dealt with and couldn’t be nicer. I was never a huge ZZ Top guy, but I respect them.

• Michael_ScarnMichael_Scarn Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

RIP Dusty! Great band.

• TxDawg412TxDawg412 Posts: 203 ✭✭✭ Junior

🙏🏼 to the family. RIP Dusty.

• RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Razor2027Razor2027 Posts: 963 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I read a statement from Billy that said ZZ Top would continue in his honor. It stinks though, because I had tickets for the Greenville, SC show the other day. So glad I got to see them in 2019 before all the touring stopped.

• ChopperChopper Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'll post a full report.

They're in Valdosta tomorrow night for any of you South GA folks.

• ChopperChopper Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hottest concert I ever been to in my life.

They didn’t mention Dusty one time...all business.

Billy had a longhorns sticker on his guitar.

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm shocked they didn't even mention it. But... I can see both sides of doing that. I wouldn't want to seem like I was "milking it" or something like that. But the first show just days after... well I'd understand that. At least introduce the sub/new bassist.