Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

ESPN names Georgia football the biggest underachiever in college football

2»

Comments

• Options
    DawgOnDawgOn Posts: 265 ✭✭✭ Junior

Bulletin board material.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yes, we've all heard the arguments for why Georgia should have won a title at some point over the past few decades. My point was never to dispute that we should have, or that it's been a stretch punctuated too often with disappointment. But in a class all our own for underachievement? No. As a particularly glaring example, I began following college football in 2001, and for the past two decades I've been hearing what a great program Tennessee has, historically. Ok. Look at where they've been for the last, what, 12 years and counting, set against what a great and storied program they're said to have. You're honestly going to tell me that's not even in the same discussion on underachieving as Georgia's close-but-no-cigar situation?

Dedicating resources goes to program management. And recruiting success is a necessary element to overall success. These things don't just float down gently from the sky into Sanford Stadium. When you look at the overall results, there's at least a few programs out there with similar size, resources, branding etc. as Georgia which aren't positioned as well as we are, haven't been for a while and (some of which) don't look to be any time soon. Whether the fact that they won a national title 15-20+ years ago, to our 41 years, is more important than consistently being good and very nearly great at times is debatable. I just don't see it as stable ground for such a strong conclusion as putting Georgia in a tier all its own.

• Options
    Ga_fan1969Ga_fan1969 Posts: 34 ✭ Freshman

If the dawgs are tired of all the negative comments. Then they should go out and win

• Options
    ItchyZItchyZ Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior

It's ESPN. They can't even stream a whole college football without multiple screen freezes, loss of sound, etc. Pffffffft to their throwing shade at the dogs.......................for not winning the natty EVERY year.