Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

3 reasons Georgia football should beat Clemson

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited August 2021 in Article commenting
image3 reasons Georgia football should beat Clemson

ATHENS — Clemson opened as a 4-point favorite over Georgia, and the betting line is down to 3 points, an indication that more money is being placed on the Bulldogs.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Classof98Classof98 Posts: 241 ✭✭✭ Junior

Yeah, DJU lost to Notre Dame, but it wasn’t because of him.

Griffith mentioned Daniels threw for over 300 yards against Texas and Notre Dame but fails to mention that DJU threw for over 400 yards against Notre Dame.

In baseball, a pitcher can give up one run in nine innings and lose. That’s the equivalent of what DJU did in South Bend.

It’s a team sport.

• My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 379 ✭✭✭ Junior

Exactly! DJU looked impressive in both his starts last year and wasn’t the reason Clemson lost in South Bend. Also saying JT out performed Gardner an “NFL” Qb isn’t saying much, if he weren’t on the Jacksonville Jaguars team (worst team in NFL), Gardner wouldn’t be in the league. DJU has a little better than JT in my opinion and Clemson doesn’t seem to have their entire WR/TE Corp out due to injury. I think bc of the injuries, we might get spanked…I hope not, but I feel it’s going to be 38-21!

• JimmyBobJimmyBob Posts: 197 ✭✭✭ Junior

Carmada has to eliminate the shanks. Other it’s a wash, even with the 60+ yarders. Btw- Mike, looks like you discovered spell check. Isn’t it rewarding to produce quality work?

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No sarcasm directed at you at all. Please understand that. But your last sentence in your comment was “ it’s a team sport”. And you are absolutely correct. But that is the exact reason Why JT doesn’t have to win the game all by himself . Yes I understand and fully appreciate that the QB position is the most important on the Offense. But the thing with UGA is we are blessed to have not one but pretty much For Sure pass catch capable, Very capable RBs in Cook, and KMac. Milton was also showing much promise in that area of his game until his injury. Zeus has stepped up his game some what in that area as well. So there is very good potential to say with a pretty good measure of confidence we have Four very capable pass catch RBs !! In the case of Cook and KMac (in particular Cook) we have in those two that could potentially turn the game around in our favor by Catching the ball rather than running it !! I honestly don’t know which team will win this game. But if the Dawgs can avoid any more pre-season injuries and even More So if we get some back and their close to 100% I think that a W is very possible. If the Tigers just spank the snot out of us then that doesn’t bode well at all for the rest of the season injuries or no injuries. I expect our beloved Dawgs to play them fierce to the wire Win or Lose. Anything less and I’ll be tremendously disappointed . The Tigers are gonna field a very, very good team I would hope will all expect that. And we may lose. But if we do lose it Needs to be extremely hotly contested by our Dawgs else we May be looking at a 2021 bust. Dawgs CAN win this game just have to Want it more go out there execute what they’ve been trained avoid penalties especially **** ones and don’t turn the ball over especially by doing **** things. I respect the Tigers. But I think that in a very tough game the Dawgs can come away with a win Because I’m looking at the team as a whole.

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2021
  • PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This might be a "hush yo mouth!" comment. But if UGA were to lose JT to injury, you have got a load of depth at qb. I'm not sure what Clemson has in terms of backup qb. A plus for UGA, if it comes to that. Hopefully, we won't need Camarda, all that much. If uga beats Clemson, then a loss to Bama in seccg might NOT knock them out of the playoffs.

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agree with Mike's assessment overall.

However, I'm still holding out on crowning JT the King. I'm not sold on all his hype yet. Remember, the best game Daniels had last year was against a VERY depleted (only fielded 49 players due to COVID) Mississippi State team. And again, it was Mississippi State. Nuff said. But JT did look pretty good against Cincinnati, so I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt. I just need to see better decision making, accuracy, and mobility.

Clemson has the edge on defense, but we should have the edge on offense. I want to see us attack, be aggressive, and not play not to lose. We need to play to WIN. I'd love to see a statement kinda game from the Dawgs, but I am not expecting it. I AM, however, expecting, a hotly contested game that comes down to the wire....and Dawgs WIN!!

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

At the risk of quibbling, I think any win over a bona fide top 3 opponent would make quite a statement indeed.

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

For 11 paragraphs I thought I was reading Mike Griffith's best article yet on Dawgnation. Then he threw in his obligatory Milton push and it was back to regular Mike Griffith. Zamir White will be the starting RB in this game AND all season. Zamir White will have more yards in this game than Kendell Milton. In fact, Zamir White will have more yards rushing this year than Kendell Milton. Next year? Milton will be RB1 and shine. This year is White's year.

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2021

@E_Roc...understand what you are saying. I see this game as a toss-up, so to me it could go either way. I guess 'statement game' to me means a decisive win....not a last second field goal kind of win. Instead, a demonstrative win to signal the Dawgs have FINALLY arrived and every other team needs to take notice...even Bama. A squeaker win to me won't be unexpected but does not signal much to me other than we proved we can hang with the big boys, and that we do in fact have a very good team. Kirby has a very good record against Top 10 teams already...all those teams not named Alabama that is, so we SHOULD be expecting a win if we execute well.

• Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 405 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I agree with all that you have to say IF white is more effective. But if he doesn’t protect the football and isn’t providing a healthy YPA. I could see Kirby rotating other backs in more than him. Perhaps not Milton; but this is by no means White’s backfield to lose given all the talent we have. White honest has not been THAT impressive, but maybe he’s recovered from his knees now and proves me wrong - I would love to see it.

• BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Our Dawgs have a serious talent advantage in this game. Not in the starters so much, but after that level, it is absolutely huge. We've had a couple defenders transfer out because of our rotations on the defensive groups, but those very rotations will be key in this game. Clempsum might keep it close or even be ahead at halftime but they will be dragging tails midway through the third quarter. Would really like to see us play a game similar to Bama, vs FSU in the opener a few years ago. Go You Hairy Dawgs!!!

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I can tell you from personal experience that it took 2 full years for my knee to feel 100% after reconstructive ACL knee surgery. Now I admit I wasn't 20 yrs old when I tore mine up and I didn't have UGA's facilities/trainers available 24/7 for rehab. And make no mistake. UGA RB will be by committee based on merit and health (and depth and history). White should be RB1 and be a different player to start this season. Obviously, production will matter. I expect more of the Zamir that ran 75 yards untouched against FL. White is from NC. This 1st game is in Charlotte. White will be RB1 for this game. He runs with purpose and abandon. He is faster and more elusive than Milton. He knows the O and the protections better. Job1 for UGA this year is to keep JTD healthy. It is not a bold prediction to expect a big season from ZW.

• maconexpressmaconexpress Posts: 164 ✭✭✭ Junior

DJ Uiagalelei could be going against the best defense in the country and Venables's defense has been vulnerable against elite running backs. They couldn't stop Derrick Henry because Derrick got the carries and Todd Gurley has had his way with them in 2013 and 2014. I like the dawgs chances in this one.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

, it was Mississippi State. Nuff said

You mean the game we rushed for 12 yards? Yeh, good thing they were depleted. :)

• stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

@maconexpress Henry was also running behind an offensive line that won the Joe Moore award recognizing the best best offensive line in college football. I am not sure if this line is at this level.

• maconexpressmaconexpress Posts: 164 ✭✭✭ Junior

I also mentioned Todd Gurley and I didn't even include Trey Sermon who rush for 193 yards against their defense.

• rxmasterrxmaster Posts: 124 ✭✭✭ Junior

All the pressure Kirby throws at him?

Not for lack of trying, but you do realize we don't generate a lot of pressure on D other than against lower level competition right?

• Joe31Joe31 Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I feel like that changes this year. I expect us to get pressure on DJ all night! 1st - because our defensive front is very talented and will be more aggressive. 2nd - because Clemson’s O-line is probably their biggest weakness. Ohio State exposed this last year!