Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Jack Podlesny, now on scholarship, excited to kick in front of full stadium

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited August 2021 in Article commenting
imageJack Podlesny, now on scholarship, excited to kick in front of full stadium

Georgia football kicker Jack Podlesny is keeping a positive outlook on the 2021 season.

Read the full story here

Comments

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,735 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nice article.

I like his focus on improving his mental health. You don't have to be sick to get better.

It's easy to forget how crucial the kickers are to our victories and how much pressure they're under.

Go, Dawgs!

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

JimWallace. Very well said. Jack P was solid last year. Better than we could have hoped. He is focusing on improving any and all aspects. Gotta love the strength of all the UGA special teams. Jake and Jack P kicking. McIntosh and Jackson returning kicks. UGA young athletes covering kicks. ST's could be the difference in any close games this year. One question. Was UGA at the 85 scholarship limit before Jack P received his? Or has someone left the team that has not been announced yet?

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

HotPod !! Our not so secret weapon !! Go Dawgs !!

• Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He’s from my hometown, and I am very excited this young man is kicking for my Dawgs. I’ve heard nothing but great things about this young man. I am very proud of him! That game winning field goal in the Peach Bowl still gives me goose bumps when I watch it on YouTube.

Congratulations on earning that scholarship, Jack!

GO DAWGS!

• osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 377 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Jim Wallace said below "It's easy to forget how crucial the kickers are to our victories." I agree with the sentiment, but I don't think anyone has underestimated the value of our kickers since Specs stepped in. :)

Seriously, though. Why are we not calling this kid Jackpod (or Jackpot)?

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Congratulations Young man..GoDAWGS!

• VenomGAVenomGA Posts: 336 ✭✭✭ Junior

congrats to Hot Pod, he deserves the scholarship.