Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia-UAB Live Blog: Kirby Smart IDs players who had strong week of practice

SystemSystem Posts: 10,518 admin
edited September 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia-UAB Live Blog: Kirby Smart IDs players who had strong week of practice

Welcome to today’s Live Blog, where we will bring you updated scoring, injuries and news throughout the game with UAB

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    WoodstockDawgWoodstockDawg Posts: 250 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Extremely disappointed that CKS announced Bennett as a starter. It says more about the lack of coaching development/growth of our QBs than what it says about Bennett. We know Bennett’s ceiling and it is sub par. Playing not to lose has cost a National Title and SEC Championship. It now may cost future QB commits regardless of the outcome. Young QBs from good/great programs grow in these situations b/c their coaches aren’t scared of the possibility. I’m positive Bennett will be fine and maybe great, but this sets our growth as a program back.

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Kirby never ceases to disappoint me. I bet we don’t score a single TD passing. And have less than 150 yd passing on less than 15 attempts. I believe I’d rather go take a nap than tune into a total snooze fest.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

May see Beck for the last time in an UGA uniform. Can't say I blame him at all if that holds true. Stetson IS NOT the answer, that's been proven!

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 374 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Hey Carson.....SLAP!

Not surprised in the least. Incredible.

• Options
    Trey33Trey33 Posts: 133 ✭✭✭ Junior

Welp that’s a guarantee Becks out of here who can blame him

• Options
    Jbayne1Jbayne1 Posts: 22 ✭✭ Sophomore

Extremely disappointing. How do you say beck is #2... then start stetson when JT is out?? Kinda takes a little bit of the excitement out of the game. Might not even watch lol

• Options
  • Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2021

Totally disagree with the call at QB. Kirby has made mistakes before concerning QBs, but this one may be his worst outright blunder. I have to say that I've lost a little respect for Smart with this move.

Beck, pack your bags, I guarantee another team wants you. Sorry.

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

We were going to win this game no matter who played quarterback. this is the time you give Beck a shot to grow. Here we go again we haven't learned yet.

• Options

You know what I'm going to get me a scholarship to be the backup quarterback at the University of Georgia. All you have to do is hand the ball off

• Options

This is exactly why all our talented Georgia quarterbacks go to Clemson and win national championships.

• Options

Generational quarterbacks from our state why don't they go to the University of Georgia?

• Options
    Scottdobbs01Scottdobbs01 Posts: 26 ✭✭ Sophomore

Great handoffs way to give the back up exp

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Brock Bowers is a BEAST !!!!

• Options

Who is number 49 on the defense

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Listen…… I’m all aboard developing our younger qb’s, but if….. and I do mean if, beck was to struggle and UAB got some momentum from some stops, this could have turned into a nightmare.

get way up, then Beck and Vandergriff

• Options
  • Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

And come on…. How do you argue with his stat line??

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2021

I feel SO sorry for Carson right now. Standing on the sidelines after handing off the ball 3 straight times. I could have done that. Then having Stetson go in and act all cool against an inferior UAB team , slinging passes and scoring TDs. Not impressed at all. Just another slap in the face to Beck. You've got to know this is just killing him.

I really just have to shake my head at this entire QB fiasco. Smart has no idea what he is doing when it comes to quarterbacks.