Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Dirty Dabo

MIghtydawgMIghtydawg Posts: 984 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
edited December 2017 in General

Dabo doing some negative recruiting. Glad that it did not work with Cade Mays but Dabo going negative. Must have gotten desperate with the pipeline to Georgia drying up.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21827535/dabo-swinney-says-talking-urban-meyer-uncertainty-helped-recruit-jackson-carman

Comments

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MIghtydawg said:
    Dabo doing doing some negative recruiting. Glad that it did not work with Cade Mays but Dabo going negative. Must have gotten desperate with the pipeline to Georgia drying up.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21827535/dabo-swinney-says-talking-urban-meyer-uncertainty-helped-recruit-jackson-carman

I wonder if that's the same line he used on Jamaree and/if he painted us as a bunch of law breaking thugs? What a dork.

• tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

depending on context and how exactly was worded not really negative

part of recruiting is getting a recruit down from high they experience visiting other schools

and since coaches are huge factor, certainly moreso than the school itself for many recruits, saying "hey, you want to play for Urban and I get that but look at where he is at in his career vs where I am. If you are committing to a coach be sure you are committing to one who will be around" is not really negative recruiting.

and if it is then it is marginally negative

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@tfk_fanboy said:
    depending on context and how exactly was worded not really negative

part of recruiting is getting a recruit down from high they experience visiting other schools

and since coaches are huge factor, certainly moreso than the school itself for many recruits, saying "hey, you want to play for Urban and I get that but look at where he is at in his career vs where I am. If you are committing to a coach be sure you are committing to one who will be around" is not really negative recruiting.

and if it is then it is marginally negative

Urban is not that old. I am guessing Dabo is not privy to Urban's thinking on if and when he might leave OSU. It's his dream job after all. I think negative recruiting is pointing out "faults" (real or perceived) in other programs. Seems like he's doing that as opposed to focusing on Clemson's strengths (like a putt putt course and locker room MMA) and the beautiful running trail along the dam that is on campus

• TheSmartWayTheSmartWay Posts: 901 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Urban did cite health problems when he left UF, if I remember correctly. On the other hand, I believe he's only 53 while Dabo isn't far behind at 48.

• dawgdude65dawgdude65 Posts: 162 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited December 2017

Funny, I bet when Saban retires and Bama calls him home.....HE GONE. Remember that recruits.

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I honestly have felt the same thing.

If you watch him on the sidelines or after the game he acts like he doesn’t care... not quite like Richt at his last WLOCP, but close.

Moneybags deserves this to be honest because he’s done it so much himself.

• FredBearFredBear Posts: 232 ✭✭✭ Junior

Anything associated with Clemson for any length of time is going to be"dirty". There are better words to describe it but this forum is too family friendly to allow them to be posted.