Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

I despise the Down Vote function

GradyDawg85GradyDawg85 Posts: 436 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Particularly of the invisible down-voter kind.

Pat Dye might say having that feature is the antithesis of Grown Man Football.

Do away with them or cinch the straps and make them visible.

Go Dawgs.

Comments

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Make them visible.

Go, Dawgs!

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

Been like that for going on three years now.

• GradyDawg85GradyDawg85 Posts: 436 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey, the who behind the downvote is visible?

• ziggyholidayziggyholiday Posts: 492 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I get that this is a specific place for UGA football but it's also on the internet, do people not know how the hivemind works? Complaining about something is a sure fire way to ensure you get more of what you are complaining about.

• oldon42oldon42 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I both agree and disagree with you. I agree that who cares, it does not mean much to me.

Maybe I am wrong but I feel the everyone here is a Georgia fan and therefor my friend. To some extent I have come to know at least who is more knowledgeable.

• PerroGrandePerroGrande Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2021

The funny thing to me is that one of the few places I've been in my life where almost everybody gets along great is a Georgia football game. It is not as true here, but it is really hard to tell who is an actual fan and who is from a rival fanbase, or who is just stopping in because they might be interested. Some of the latter two groups seem to have strong opinions.

• greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I got down voted one time here for saying I was praying for an injured player. Go figure. Speaking of which, did y’all see this picture of Jordan Davis praying with his mama before a game? Gotta love our team moms. ❤️

• emanresuemanresu Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Its very telling that so far, only 1 person has upvoted the above post of Davis praying with his Mom before the game. Very telling indeed.

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,646 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2021

People in general could use a little honest criticism. We have become accustomed to being so overly concerned about everyone's feelings that some people simply can't handle others disagreeing with them.

If I could change one thing on this forum it would be the silly kindergarten word filter. As far as I can tell we don't have any toddlers on here. No need to protect viewers. I frequent several forums of various subjects....this one by far has the most aggressive word filter. Sometimes it's downright absurd the words that are blocked.