Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia defense knows how it can slow Auburn quarterback Bo Nix

SystemSystem Posts: 10,662 admin
edited October 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia defense knows how it can slow Auburn quarterback Bo Nix

Georgia football faces Auburn quarterback Bo Nix in an interesting matchup.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I didn't know he was that fast. Fast? Yes, but...

22 mph fast. Wow!

That's hard to deal with. He is a very dangerous quarterback. Auburn is a dangerous team. It seems to me that many Georgia fans and pundits are overlooking them and/or mostly just wondering whether the Dawgs will or won't run up the score on 'em.

Still, I don't think he has faced team speed like ours, at least not this season. As always much depends on our D-Line vs the Barn's O-Line. How's that going to stack up for Mr. Nix?

I'll be happy with a W.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited October 2021

There is no way that Nix is as fast as Arian Smith. NO WAY!

Smith has been clocked at 4.21. Nix's best has been 4.71.

• Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 383 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Not 100% on this, but the way that reads, those are not his current stats. Looks like (including that baby-face) that's all pre-college.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It seems Auburn has a 4.2 guy every year. The Legend Of Bo Nix grows taller on down the line.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep, definitely should not overlook Auburn and luckily this year it seems like we aren't overlooking anybody.

Our key seems to be to put the throttle-down. That may be an obvious statement, but you can bet that Auburn will be giving it absolutely everything on every play especially at home and conservative isn't going to cut it. If we get to a 14 pt lead, he have to keep attacking or they'll come back and beat us.

• Options
    dawgfan623dawgfan623 Posts: 110 ✭✭✭ Junior

Were not players so let's be real. We are gonna absolutely "beat the dog crap" outta Awbarn and Bo Picks. Our DL and LB will not let him extend and create like he did against LSU and his pocket will be collapsing and he will be throwing off kilter and be on his back all night. We are running away with this one something like 37-10. I don't know if we go up 21 in the 1st quarter again, but it will be over by half time. Lock of the week.

• Options
    BigDawgJimmyBigDawgJimmy Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman
    edited October 2021

We didn't force a turnover you say!! Well, we blocked a punt and recovered it for a score! That ought to count for something!

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 481 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Hey Connor are you trying to give Auburn something to hang up in their locker room. We've been very fortunate in containing Bo Nix in the last 2 meetings, but he's a great athlete who made LSU look bad. I've been watching Auburn ruin our season since the mid 60's. We've got to stay elite to beat Auburn in Auburn.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2021

Posting the the most obvious way to stop another bo at auburnt.. Shut down the offense and keep nix on the sideline. You can't score being a sideline cheerleader.. And this defense is very capable of doing just that to auburnt..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I understand how a PLAYER can have 3.0 sacks. But how does a TEAM get anything but a full sack. How do the Dawgs get 2.5 sacks, as a team? You either sack a quarterback, or you don't. Other than a player on the same team, who else gets credit for 1/2 a sack? The other team? The refs? I don't see the point in using a decimal to indicate team sacks.

• Options
    edited October 2021

Posted same screenshot on a different article lol no way nix hits 22mph with a 4.71 40 time, only at auburn..

• Options
    edited October 2021

Usain Bolts fastest time is slightly over 27mph, for a gold medal winner. NO WAY nix even comes close to bolt. 4.6 40 converts to less than 22mph, nix at 22mph running a 4.7? 😂

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,653 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Somewhere btween 4.2 and 4.7 is the truth. I've seen the kid run and he's defenitely not 4.7. Most of our linebackers arre that fast or faster. I 'll guarantee you he'd beat most of our linebackers. Maybe not Tindall and Anderson. BUt there's no way he's 4.4 or better.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Or, maybe Auburn doesn't even score 14. Don't get me wrong, I'm not taking that for granted (although if ever there was a defense...) I just don't see how you can say they'll definitely beat us if we don't build a bigger lead than 14 points.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All of a sudden everybody sees Bo Nix as a track star..not last year or whenever...but this year he is now as fast as Arian Smith 4.21...nah, lolol. He can run for a QB, yes. He scrambles, yes. He can pass, yes. BUT he can also be contained in the pocket or close to it. Flank him on either side....be ready for his dilatory tactics. Flood the zone. This is Bo Nix who was benched a week earlier. UGA's DL should stifle Auburn. Again, the hype begins..Auburn becomes the titan of the SEC in one week for eking out a win over a pretty mediocre LSU team. ...just as the media praised Arkansas as the team to beat UGA...we saw how that went..right?

• Options
    Slabdog64Slabdog64 Posts: 32 ✭✭✭ Junior

Another way to slow him down is knock the heck out of him every chance we get. He will lose his desire to take off with it.

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Where did Nix's speed come from all of a sudden? I don't remember him being that fast before.

With our defensive line, I just don't see how Auburn's OL gives him any time to do what he did to LSU.

Honestly, I think Kirby is trying to give them his own version of "rat poison".

Saying he's heard that Nix has run at 22 mph sounds to me like Kirby is saying, "Yeah, whatever..." without saying that.

He doesn't want our guys to be overconfident, and to practice hungry.

I hope Bonix becomes the definition of "Plainsman". Heh heh

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We've had Nix's number dialed in the last 2 years. He's a threat, BUT If we control the line of scrimmage then we win the game...that's what it comes down to. Easy Peasy.