Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Upset-minded Auburn will take aim at Georgia run defense

SystemSystem Posts: 10,428 admin
edited October 2021 in Article commenting
imageUpset-minded Auburn will take aim at Georgia run defense

ATHENS — Auburn coach Bryan Harsin made it clear his football team plans to come right at Georgia on Saturday.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    dawgfan623dawgfan623 Posts: 110 ✭✭✭ Junior

Awbarn isn't gonna run on us. They will average 2.5 yds per carry or less and will have under 80 rushing yds. This game is gonna be a blow out. I said what I said. Sorry, not sorry.

• Options
    KBPKBP Posts: 379 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I hear you Coach Harsin and y'all may gain some yards on the ground but I seriously doubt you will control the game with running the ball. I just don't see our front 7 getting manhandled all game long. A few runs here and there but no consistent 4 to 7 yards down after down. Time will tell.

• Options
    iraqbound340iraqbound340 Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

Good luck with that game plan Coach Harsin.

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bring it on, Auburn!

Davis, Carter, Walker, Wyatt and Anderson are happy to oblige your plan. Not to mention Dean, Smith, Tindall, and Walker. And throw in hard-hitters Cine, Smith and Brini for good measure.

I like our chances against their running game!

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think Harsin's attempting to bait the Dawgs defense. Yes, they will have to establish a run game to have any chance, but they won't be able to make a living off the run game against this defense.

Nobody's been able to really test the Dawgs secondary because of the pass rush. I think Harsin's trying to get the defense keyed up for the run and he's going to ask Nix to do that run around like a chicken routine long enough to hit a few deep passes. I would come out with 70% short passes and just enough run to keep the defense honest. Then try and hit a few deep shots.

I can't wait for this one!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

In the past any time you could beat LSU, esecially in their own park, put a feather in your cap. However, this years LSU team got beat by UCLA who was soundly beated by Arizona St. Arizona St. who lost to BYU. Yes, I know, UCLA beat Stanford who beat ORegon, who beat Ohio St. THe same Stanford that only beat Vandy by 18 points. So, what does all of this mean? It means the PAC-10 is a wierd animal. THere's no ryhme or reason for all of this.

I conclude there is just alot of parity out west and that Oregon caught Ohio St. when they were clearly not playing well. ANd that LSU can be had much easier than in years past. This isn't your Grand-dads LSU. THey have a new offensive Cordinator-"guru guy" calling the plays who worked with BRady(their championship year co-ordinator). And they are clearly trying to be like the 19 team under Burrows, they just don't have talent or the experience yet. THe defense(the usual hallmark) of LSU, isn't the same, not yet any how.

So, what's the point? THe Auburn-LSU game was pretty evenly matched and played. Therefore, 2 similarly talented teams. Save for the single handed heroics of NIx last saturday, one of the weakest LSU teams in a while(actually a continuation of last season's team) would have beaten this Auburn team.

Could Auburn pull off the upset? Anything is possible. I say don't turn the ball over and we win this one going away. Having said that, if we get rolling on offense and get up by 21 or so in the third quarter, don't squat on the lead and make it a nail-biter in the 4th quarter late. Keep scoring!.

Go DAWGS!!

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Is this the same UGA defense that has only given up over 100 yards rushing once and most of that was against the scrubs? Clemson had 2 yards against us. Hopefully we keep playing great defense and the rest will take care of itself. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All I have to say to you Coach Harsin: BRING IT!

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I think that the "inexperienced" tag is much less applicable now than at the beginning of the year. 5 games into the season gives a lot of game time experience, especially in games like our opener. I feel much better about our defensive backfield than I did after the clempson game.

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Zackly! Give him a welcome to the REAL SEC!!

LSU was a joke last week.

• Options
    randyglass14randyglass14 Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior

Lol good luck Auburn....bless your heart!

• Options
    Rdcollins1961Rdcollins1961 Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

Heads up Dawgs! You guys just need to continue to play lights out football and on being the elite team that you are and don't listen to the junk trash talk out there! Stay focused, stay strong, stay confident, and knowing that this is your year to win it all! You guys got my vote and support! Nothing is impossible with God and just know you as a team can do all things through Jesus Christ who gives us all strength....(Phil. 4:13) from day to day and game to game (my tad bit added)!!

The main thing is to stay healthy and get our injured guys back into action soon! Ya'll got this boys! Beat Auburn and keep rolling never looking back, but always going forward!

Go Dawgs!!

Ronnie C.

Georgia

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I personally think once you dig into the stats, the only way for Auburn to win this thing is by creating a flurry of turnovers. We are top tier in the nation at 3rd down conversion, and defensively they stink at defending that. They are out of the top 50 in red zone D, and we’ve been effective there the past few weeks. They have an awful defensive passing efficiency and our offense is dominant there. I predict a very conservative game plan from Todd Monken, where we will beat them via death by a thousand cuts. We’ve been dominating situational football the past few weeks and I think if we do that Saturday we can open things up a bit and dink/dunk for more yardage/higher point total than folks expect.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thank you @BubbaBill, for pointing out that Clemson only had 2 yards rushing against us. The article conveniently omits that stat, but does cautiously note that UAB had 127 yards rushing in what was a blowout, meaning they likely gained many of those yards against second- and third-stringers. Auburn will run the ball (they can't pass EVERY down) but like others have said, I don't believe that they will have long-term success against us running the ball. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2021

Just my humble opinions here. But the Warped Eagles May have their hands full and over running stopping the Dawgs run game !! If our O line blocks as well as they did vs. Ark I Believe our run game will give them a very tough row to hoe !! And as for the Dawgs D stopping their run, I’m Believing they Can and they Will. This Dawgs D is blazing fast !! And extremely strong !! Can anyone imagine the thought of being on the opposing team and facing a absolute Beast like Jordan Davis with that dude’s size, strength, and speed ??!!?? And the thing is when he has to rest the drop off is very, very little when you have Devonte Wyatt coming at you !! And I can’t even count all the other guys on the D flying around rotating in and out of the game !! Bo Nix is a big dude, and fast, with good instincts about pressure. His game does seem better. I give him his due respect. STILL I Believe this Dawgs D collectively Is one of the fastest and strongest we’ve seen in a long time !! As of right now unless they have some sort of break down To Me they rank in the Top 3 Dawgs Defenses I’ve seen in at least 25 years or so at This point in time. And as I said barring some sort of weird break down or a bunch of injuries I just don’t see that changing. All homerism aside Right Now I think this Dawgs D is the best in the country when looked at in totality. Some people say the Secondary is suspect, maybe, maybe not, but they don’t have much to sweat when the defensive front and linebackers won’t let the QB and/or RBs breathe !! And I also Believe the Secondary is Now improved in spite of youth. So it’s not like their just gonna sit back and play checkers while some opposing QB throws into their territory !! They are very talented, fast, and have a ton of pride on the line. And Now they have 5 games of experience under their belt. When you couple that to the tremendous pressure up front it makes the Secondary even more confident. Plus Kirby Smart and Will Muschamp coaching them up , it don’t get much better than that !! Go Dawgs !! Beat Dem Warped Eagles !!

• Options
    bobebobe Posts: 203 ✭✭✭ Junior

Jordan Davis gets like 5 sacks