Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

What position did you play?

124»

Comments

• BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@UnderDog68 said:
    Played on the o-line and played DE. Played with Charlie Ward at Thomas Co. Central....then just called Thomasville-Central. I was 2 years ahead of him in high school. I was a small lineman....6 feet, and about 220. I was offered a walk-on at Ga. Southern, but when I went up there, everybody was bigger than me, and they wanted me to learn to play FB in that flexbone offense. They said I was too small to be an o-lineman and too slow to be a DE, but they were fine with me taking a beating to get 4 yards a play up the middle on dive plays. I decided that I did not want to spend my later years barely being able to walk, so I gave it up.

I had a similar opportunity in college, but as much as I always dreamed of being Herschel, I imagined my knee getting blown out and a D2 school medical budget taping it back together.

• ACPEPPER24ACPEPPER24 Posts: 76 ✭✭✭ Junior

I was the 5' 8" cornerback with no speed out of Lowndes County. Still have 5 OVs available!!!

Played against Buck Belue and John Lastinger growing up. Hated those guys back then :blush:

• Lith729Lith729 Posts: 54 ✭✭✭ Junior

@moos said:

@donm said:

@moos said:

@donm said:

@moos said:
    Ran XC
    One year of Free Safety. I was awful
    Center Half on the soccer squad
    Singles Tennis
    But my best work was as Drunkest Tailgater

Moos - what kinds of times did you run?

17 minute 5k's. Decent, but I wasn't winning the county meets. I didn't take it that serious. It was mostly to stay in shape for soccer.

Still, 17's aint chopped liver, especially since you likely didn't run distance in the spring in track. Nice work! I only ask because as a retiree I still volunteer coach xc and distance in track in my "spare" time.

Wish I could still run, but I get shin splints pretty bad now. I took up cycling a couple years ago, though I've been off it recently. My body takes well to endurance sports. I can go at cycling hard every day, even at 40.

I know how you feel. I am a little older (okay, maybe more than just a little -- I am mid 50s). Former runner and triathlete, but had to give up running last year. Decided to get back on the bike last summer, was having a blast until I crashed and broke 4 ribs. Worst part is that the crash was a few days before the Notre Dame game and I had to cancel the trip.

All healed up now, though, and making up for it with a trip to Pasadena this weekend. Go Dawgs!!!

• JMFDJMFD Posts: 219 ✭✭✭ Junior

I raced motocross and chased cheerleaders.
    5'7" & 152lbs? Nahh... I don't think so!

• BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JMFD said:
    I raced motocross and chased cheerleaders.
    5'7" & 152lbs? Nahh... I don't think so!

Motor cross dudes got the chicks

• UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@moos said:

@donm said:

@moos said:

@donm said:

@moos said:
    Ran XC
    One year of Free Safety. I was awful
    Center Half on the soccer squad
    Singles Tennis
    But my best work was as Drunkest Tailgater

Moos - what kinds of times did you run?

17 minute 5k's. Decent, but I wasn't winning the county meets. I didn't take it that serious. It was mostly to stay in shape for soccer.

Still, 17's aint chopped liver, especially since you likely didn't run distance in the spring in track. Nice work! I only ask because as a retiree I still volunteer coach xc and distance in track in my "spare" time.

Wish I could still run, but I get shin splints pretty bad now. I took up cycling a couple years ago, though I've been off it recently. My body takes well to endurance sports. I can go at cycling hard every day, even at 40.

I still run....albeit a very slow run. Most veterans would recognize my run as the Airborne Shuffle. I'm not fast at all, but I am proud of being able to complete what I set out to do without stopping. I am 49 now and can still run 4 miles every other day, or sometimes go two days and rest one day. The best day I had recently, I did a 10K. I have a friend from high school who runs slow and does 10-15 miles a day. I ain't ready for that yet.

• BiggerBadDawgBiggerBadDawg Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Fresh yr 170 lbs 5”10 Cb and leftfielder
    Soph yr 225 6’2 MLB and TE. First base
    Jr and Sr MLB , FB and First base
    Div- 2 First base partial scholarship