Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Cocktail fans

dawgfan1961mshdawgfan1961msh Posts: 9 ✭✭ Sophomore

I just wondered how the true fans of UGA football feel about the "Jump on the bandwagon fans" . This year membership in FB pages containing Dawg football increased weekly. I have been booted from them all for confronting the cocktail fans who a majority of them think they are Div 1 coaches. They have no knowledge of UGA history and Traditions and know even less about CFB.

Comments

• JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have loved the Bulldogs from childhood and grew to appreciate the traditions of football as well as the school. There truly is a difference between Georgia and every other also-ran university.
    I welcome those bandwagon fans with open arms, just like we did in the early 80's.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@moos said:
    Live and let live?

Amen.

• BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I just joined this board last week.

• ColaDawg86ColaDawg86 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Bigcalidawg said:
    I just joined this board last week.

Welcome aboard BigCali! Assuming you're in CA, we sure can't have enough left coast Dawgs to cheer us on.

CD - cares about what?

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

They annoy me, but luckily I live in NYC and can avoid most of them. But it comes along with the winning territory

• ColaDawg86ColaDawg86 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:
    CD - cares about what?

Who cares about bandwagon fans.

@ColaDawg86 said:

@donm said:
    CD - cares about what?

@ColaDawg86 said:

@donm said:
    CD - cares about what?

Thanks. I certainly agree!

• DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ghostofuga1 said:
    I'm drinking a cocktail as I type. I'm a alum and fan since the early 70's.

Therefore, I am a "Cocktail Fan".

Dilly Dilly!!

After Wednesday's beautiful brouhaha I had to switch from Tequila to Wine. I'm drinking a glass as I type.

Therefore, I am a "Wino Fan".

Silly Silly!!

Almost forgot, have bled Red & Black since some point in the early 60ties.

• KingKirbyKingKirby Posts: 58 ✭✭✭ Junior

I just joined this board a few days ago. Had season tickets from '91 to '00 before moving out of state and have watched **** near every single game since I was five years old.

• mleemlee Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The more fan support we get the better!

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Labeling someone a "bandwagon fan" based upon social media and discussion forum participation makes someone sound really young. Most adults have more significant stuff going on in our lives than to spend countless hours debating which incoming freshman is going to take over the SEC. That stuff is fun but keeping the household running and getting kids to music lessons or ball practice doesnt mean someone is less of a fan. I remember the dawgvent when Jim Donnan was considering the UNC job, but I havent posted there since 2003.

• 21oz21oz Posts: 113 ✭✭✭ Junior

False advertising. I thought you had a new cocktail to recommend. Mods ought to take you to the woodshed.

“ Bankwalker “. Nice handle, no pun intended.

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@21oz said:
    “ Bankwalker “. Nice handle, no pun intended.

That's what SHE said....

When I was a kid my dad explained to me about swimmers and bankwalkers. I haven’t heard that term in decades, but it did make me chuckle thinking about him.