Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Bulletin Board Material?

RedDawgRedDawg Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Does this qualify?

“We’re done talking,” Oklahoma senior defensive end Ogbonnia Okoronkwo said. “We’ve been hearing this every year. We play SEC teams every year, and we beat them. By a lot.”

As an ambassador of the SEC and facing this guy in a couple days, this would surely fire me up. Not as much of a statement as those in the past but I'll take it.

Comments

• JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@RedDawg said:
    Does this qualify?

“We’re done talking,” Oklahoma senior defensive end Ogbonnia Okoronkwo said. “We’ve been hearing this every year. We play SEC teams every year, and we beat them. By a lot.”

As an ambassador of the SEC and facing this guy in a couple days, this would surely fire me up. Not as much of a statement as those in the past but I'll take it.

Oh yes, BB material. Disrespect.

• DawgsofWarDawgsofWar Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What. Okay, so you guys beat Auburn last year 35-19, but you've played TN in 2014 and 2015. Do you want a cookie?

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@DawgsofWar said:
    What. Okay, so you guys beat Auburn last year 35-19, but you've played TN in 2014 and 2015. Do you want a cookie?

And should have lost to UT but for their self-destruct season.

• RedDawgRedDawg Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2017

OU Beating Auburn last yr was a joke. Auburn was terrible last year, heck UGA beat Auburn last year and we were terrible lol.

At least we got a lil somethin' to feed the dawgs while they game prep!

• soonersincefairbankssoonersincefairbanks Posts: 6 ✭ Freshman

OU's going to wipe out the SEC. Beat Georgia first then Alabama second (yeah they're gonna beat Clemson). OU National Champions!! Then maybe you SEC guys will get off your high horses and realize a lot of quality football is played in other places in this country than in the confines of your narrow world. Just play football!!

@soonersincefairbanks said:
    OU's going to wipe out the SEC. Beat Georgia first then Alabama second (yeah they're gonna beat Clemson). OU National Champions!! Then maybe you SEC guys will get off your high horses and realize a lot of quality football is played in other places in this country than in the confines of your narrow world. Just play football!!

Wipe the SEC? Get off your high horse. If you guys would only play some defense, smh. Then ya'll will maybe beat Georgia and Alabama. Must be nice to be in a really crap conference like the BIG 12.

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

Ok. I thought we were knitting sweaters. Guess we'll play football...

• rocco4UGArocco4UGA Posts: 249 ✭✭✭ Junior

I’m just glad he finally posted on a thread instead of privately sending me a message.

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

@DawgsofWar said:

I’m just glad he finally posted on a thread instead of privately sending me a message.

• BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hey fellas. Don’t feed the trolls.

Nothin to see here. Keep it movin.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

Each time Choklahoma beats an SEC team it's their Super Bowl and the SEC team is ready for vacation. Auburn's QB was Sean White last year. The year they beat Alabama, Bama couldn't have cared less. They weren't playing for the title after getting kick sixed. So big whoop Sooners, let me know when you win a game with something on the line.

Is it Monday yet?

• FredBearFredBear Posts: 232 ✭✭✭ Junior

You're wrong on both accounts. It's going to be Georgia vs Clemson in Atlanta and it's going to be epic. You folks in Oklahoma can watch on TV.

• BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@FredBear said:

You're wrong on both accounts. It's going to be Georgia vs Clemson in Atlanta and it's going to be epic. You folks in Oklahoma can watch on TV.

Dang....

• JMFDJMFD Posts: 219 ✭✭✭ Junior

These don't typically age well. Hope to come back Monday and laugh in your troll a s s face!!! Dawgs on Top!!

• MarkBoknechtMarkBoknecht Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not use to seeing SEC hate on Dawgnation. That distinction is reserved for ESPN. And the disrespect for the SEC, and particularly the SEC East this year was unbelievable. And that included Georgia. Some of the comments, how we were going to choke. It was just a matter of time.
    Personally, I'm sick of it!
    Favored in only three contests and underdogs in six. I just hope our league goes 5-0 on New Year's Day. Go SEC and go Georgia!

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,645 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's not really a high horse if it's earned, is it? Everyon'e is banging on the SEC this year as being weak...meanwhile there are 4 SEC teams that can play with anyone. The issue is the SEC normally has about 6-7 high-power teams. So, yes...it is a down year in the SEC. But what other conference boasts 2 playoff teams, plus teams like Auburn and LSU? Then below that you have MissSt and SoCar. Meanwhile , half the B12 conference fails to recruit a single 4-star player. Imagine half your games being against rosters similar to Vandy. Not saying OU isn't good, just saying it's largely a product of inferior competition week after week and just too many close calls against teams similar to Vandy and Ky.