Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

If a Spam message receives 5 spam votes then the thread is deleted.

ReeldawgReeldawg Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
edited December 2017 in General

If you want Spam deleted, then:

Don’t report abuse, down vote or select off-topic.

Just select “Spam” and the thread will be deleted from the board to be reviewed by a moderator after 5 votes.

Comments

• Options
    JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Reeldawg said:
    If you want Spam deleted, then:

Don’t report abuse, down vote or select off-topic.

Just select “Spam” and the thread will be deleted from the board to be reviewed by a moderator after 5 votes.

How do you know this? I wish the powers that be would make such things widely known. For instance, If a DV has a function other than simple disagreement with the opinion of another, then people should be educated on it. Seems to me some use the DV in a way not intended. Should be reserved for real trolls, not for a different opinion from one's own. If everyone observed this, the forum would be a better place.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree. I most often use the DV when I feel a post has been unduly "abusive or mean". If I disagree, I usually post my disagreement. I use the UV to agree.

• Options
    HotDiggetyDawgHotDiggetyDawg Posts: 109 ✭✭✭ Junior

@donm said:
    I agree. I most often use the DV when I feel a post has been unduly "abusive or mean". If I disagree, I usually post my disagreement. I use the UV to agree.

That's exactly how I've been doing it as well. Pretty much assumed it was the same as any other forum that I've been on in the past.

• Options

I found out by accident. There were several Spam messages and all had 4 spam votes.

As I added mine, I received a message that the thread was removed for moderator review.

This happened for all the spam messages with 4 votes. I figured this deletion wasn’t a coincidence.

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

5 DV buries a post which you can click on to see but is not readable without clicking on it. As they say "we come here to bury @12ed, not to praise him". Apologies to Shakespeare. :D

• Options
    edited December 2017

@Denmen185, lend me your ears for a moment.

I rather delete than bury. That way the evil that me do doesn’t live after them. ;)

I say this, of course, with all due respect to you and our friend Willie.

• Options
    MODawgMODawg Posts: 479 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@Reeldawg said:
    I found out by accident. There were several Spam messages and all had 4 spam votes.

As I added mine, I received a message that the thread was removed for moderator review.

This happened for all the spam messages with 4 votes. I figured this deletion wasn’t a coincidence.

Yep I just got that same thing with 5 or 6 spam posts