Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Reports: Georgia speedster Arian Smith suffers potential season-ending injury

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited November 2021 in Article commenting
imageReports: Georgia speedster Arian Smith suffers potential season-ending injury

Georgia receiver Arian Smith could be out the remainder of the season after suffering a leg injury, per published reports.

Read the full story here

Comments

• My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 379 ✭✭✭ Junior

At this point don’t even bring back Pickens or Blalock, they will just get hurt again with the luck we are having!

• ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

💩 💩 💩

hope I’m wrong but I bet something along the lines of the Connor McGregor injury in how this played out. Pure speculation in my part.

what a great time to bring back blaylock and Pickens! Just when UT was getting their hopes up about a starter being out we replace them with those guys! 😂

go dawgs!

leave no doubt on Saturday !

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There are no words!

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Unbelievable.......every time I get back on DawgNation....down goes another Dawg. Kirby is practicing too hard two days before a game! That is where our injuries are coming from...mostly. This team is snake bit. Our fastest player...gone.

• Billy2131Billy2131 Posts: 153 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited November 2021

WTH is going on over their in Athens at these practices for God's sack?

This is beyond insanity with injuries and this player in particular...he was injured last year and now twice this year ....WTFreak?

Sorry folks there is issues with they way Kirby does his practices to the detriment to his program at this point....I'm.all for hitting and getting nasty at practices but good lord these injuries are literally non stop....20 plus players injuried this year alone..

How the hell does a receiver break a bone at practice on a Wed.who just got back to being healthy after being on the Injuried list practically all season....maybe Smith should stick to track you think?

These injuries are non stop and yes it is effecting the teams ability to be the best it can be....at some point it will cost us big time...Georgia's luck is running thin on time injury wise people.

Insanity is all I got to say

• ATDATD Posts: 258 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Kirby, I don't like to doubt your abilities as coach. I understand we have to practice hard to prepare for games. But if, in preparing an athlete for competition, you cause injury to prevent him from competing, then your preparation program is flawed. How can you expect your players to best a team, if they are out with injuries? SMH.

• randyglass14randyglass14 Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior

and we wonder why elite WRs don’t want to come here!!

Mike, when you said you would update us when more details were available, I wasn’t expecting his life story and about the other wife receivers! Do you have actual news on what happened to Smith, not just a copy and paste job from your other article about injured players?

• khummelkhummel Posts: 801 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2021

I agree. Besides, our players practice against the best players in the country, far better than any team we've played. When elite go against elite in practice, anything can happen. Go Dawgs!

• khummelkhummel Posts: 801 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2021

It's a conundrum, how hard these guys should go in practice. Generally speaking, I think you go as hard as you can, since practice habits transfer to game time habits. Plus iron sharpens iron. But these injuries sure are hard to swallow. Go Dawgs!

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That's a shame. Get well soon Arian.

• PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Oh, right. I mean, there have a only been a few this year. Probably just a fluke.