Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

2021 SEC Championship Game set as Georgia football to take on Alabama

SystemSystem Posts: 10,536 admin
edited November 2021 in Article commenting
image2021 SEC Championship Game set as Georgia football to take on Alabama

Georgia football will take on Alabama in the 2021 SEC Championship game

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Trey33Trey33 Posts: 133 ✭✭✭ Junior

Wouldn’t want it no other way

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2021

Alabama definitely looks like a team we can and SHOULD beat after watching their defense give up 35 points to the same Arkansas team that we shut out. This is OUR year, make no mistake in this statement. If we execute we will win, hands down. If we lose, then we have simply blown it. There won't be a better year to beat an Alabama team than this year under Saban.

Yes, Bryce Young was mostly brilliant - 31/40, 559 yards, and 5 TDs. But, the Bama defense is the most porous group that I've seen coming out of a Nick Saban team in many, many years.

We will know for sure after next weekend when Ohio State plays AT Michigan, but I will say that the Buckeyes are the team that may be our toughest potential opponent. CJ Stroud was 32/35, 432 yards, and 6 TDs. They destroyed a Sparty team from the opening kickoff, and if they perform as good in Ann Arbor next weekend then I'd say they should be #2. In fact, Ohio State might end up ranked CFP #2 by Tuesday after Bama's showing today (even with an OSU loss to Oregon who will lose tonight to Utah).

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good stuff Montana. I agree. If the Dawgs stay focused and bring their A game they should beat Bama. And heck Might even be by a substantial score. Bryce can’t do it all by himself. And at this juncture Ohio St. looks Very dangerous. We need as many injured guys back as possible And they will have to get the rust off very quickly. Go Dawgs !

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Georgia has known it was going to play Bama from the get-go. Yeah, they lost to A&M but everybody knew they would make it back to the SECCG. i agree that Ohio State looks extremely formidable. I'm thinking the Final Four will be UGA, Alabama (even if they lose to us), Ohio State and Cincinnati. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 383 ✭✭✭ Junior

That’s not true at all, they say even if Bama has 2 losses, they still have over a 50% of making it into the playoffs. Media and officials just love Bama so much, it’s sickening the leeway they get! But I will say this, Bama will expose our secondary in the SECCG and if we have to play them or OSU in the playoffs…we are in trouble Bc I don’t think our offense can hang in a shoot out

• Options
    AlysiadawgAlysiadawg Posts: 63 ✭✭ Sophomore

To be the man you have to beat the man! I am actually more excited that Florida lost to Mizzo to be honest. I knew we were going to face bama. Team is too well coached and have just as many great players as we do.

• Options
    edited November 2021

@My_Dawg_Ryan...if so, that would be a first of its kind to have a 2-loss team in the playoffs. I guess if the 4th team is the choice between all the other 2-loss teams then maybe so. Egads, that would stink. Especially if we just beat Bama in the SEC Championship game.

Yep, our offense might need to be able to compete in a shootout. But, my hope is that our defense won't allow that. Our secondary has been playing pretty solid even though they are inexperienced. The key will be owning the line of scrimmage and having an effective pass rush. Stroud or Young can't have all day to throw or yes, we WILL be in trouble.

Bottom line: Dawgs are the best team in the nation this year. Hands down. If we lose any game then we've just not executed and blown it.

• Options
    randyglass14randyglass14 Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior

Bama has some flaws we can expose. We are a better team and will win if we don’t turn the ball over. That’s where Stetson concerns me. And we will have to score at least 35 to win. Again, where Stetson concerns me. But go Dawgs!

• Options

The sec and the refs will want UGA to lose. If UGA loses then their is a over 90% chance that UGA goes to the playoffs. If bama loses, their is a 20% that bama goes to the playoffs. They want both to go so prepared for bad calls.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I can see UGA maybe taking it to Bama this time....barring injuries to key players in the secondary. Also, Bennett has to be a tad bit better behind center. He threw a pick off balance...looked awful on that one.., and made some lately atypical errant throws. He seemed to recover. JT got leveled and I shuddered ...injury? Guess not. They will have to play better against Bama and a while lot better if the play Ohio State. Just being forthright. UGA's defense will be counted on heavily...that is the beam of sunshine.

• Options

With the exception of Clem’son the Dawgs have beat every team they’ve played by double digits. YES I know our Defense contributed to not only holding the opposition down on their score but got pick 6s as well. But that’s what’s so Great about this Dawgs Team. They really Do play as a Team !! The Offense feeds off of the spectacular play of the D. And when the O scores a needed TD it seems to fire the D up all the more !! I don’t mean any sarcasm to Any one I really don’t. But all season we’ve had Dawgs fans come here and say OK This game is gonna be the Real test for the Dawgs. Then the Dawgs go out and win and by double digits !! Then another game comes up and Some would say OK THIS is the game the Dawgs might lose or if not loss be severely tested. Then the Dawgs would come out and beat That team by double digits. Much of the media wanted so bad to see the Dawgs stumble and fall vs TN and in the first 10 minutes of the game it was shaky and kind of scary, but then like an Elite and Championship Team the Dawgs adjusted and went on to pummel the Vols again by double digits !! Not only have the Dawgs won these games by double digits but in many cases they seemed to have traumatized the opponent as well because several of these teams that were doing Great fell down Hard after playing the Dawgs !! THIS Is The Year Of The DAWG !! I BELIEVE !!! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    edited November 2021

Can it get any worse for Dan Mullen and Florida?...just lost to lowly Mizzou in OT.

Like I said, Oregon going down...Utes up 28-0 at halftime.

• Options

I have said it many times, UGA will not win a nc with Bennett behind center. I hope I am wrong.

• Options
    edited November 2021

@Alysiadawg...I hope you are too!

I'm honestly not sure either. I wish Bennett had JT's arm OR JT had Bennett's mobility and playmaking ability.

They say Defense wins Championships...I think that might be what's required for the Dawgs when it comes to the playoffs and a Natty.

• Options

Not gonna down vote you. Not that that would mean anything any way. No sarcasm to you. But I sure hope your wrong. Stets has made mistakes no doubt. But he’s also played some good football to. The Dawgs D tends to cause opposing QBs to make mistakes to !! This will be as it has been a Team effort. I Believe the Dawgs can win it all. And Will win it all. This year is one of the best opportunities they’ve had in years. These Srs. and Jrs. didn’t come back to lose !! Kirby is near salivating at the thought. These Dawgs Love one another. It’s said many times the team that Wants it most wins. I don’t know of any other team that wants it more than Kirby and our Dawgs !!

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree. A LOT of money involved for the 4 teams and their conferences that make the playoff. Conferences, who hire their own officials, are incented to make calls for their team that has the best chance to make the playoff. In the case of the SEC to get 2 teams in the final 4. May not matter this year. Win or lose and both teams are in. I don't see ND or OK jumping into the top 4.