Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

2021 SEC Championship Game set as Georgia football to take on Alabama

2»

Comments

• AlysiadawgAlysiadawg Posts: 63 ✭✭ Sophomore

I have said it many times, UGA will not win a nc with Bennett behind center. I hope I am wrong.

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2021

@Alysiadawg...I hope you are too!

I'm honestly not sure either. I wish Bennett had JT's arm OR JT had Bennett's mobility and playmaking ability.

They say Defense wins Championships...I think that might be what's required for the Dawgs when it comes to the playoffs and a Natty.

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,153 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not gonna down vote you. Not that that would mean anything any way. No sarcasm to you. But I sure hope your wrong. Stets has made mistakes no doubt. But he’s also played some good football to. The Dawgs D tends to cause opposing QBs to make mistakes to !! This will be as it has been a Team effort. I Believe the Dawgs can win it all. And Will win it all. This year is one of the best opportunities they’ve had in years. These Srs. and Jrs. didn’t come back to lose !! Kirby is near salivating at the thought. These Dawgs Love one another. It’s said many times the team that Wants it most wins. I don’t know of any other team that wants it more than Kirby and our Dawgs !!

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree. A LOT of money involved for the 4 teams and their conferences that make the playoff. Conferences, who hire their own officials, are incented to make calls for their team that has the best chance to make the playoff. In the case of the SEC to get 2 teams in the final 4. May not matter this year. Win or lose and both teams are in. I don't see ND or OK jumping into the top 4.

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think it was Mizzou, Bennett dropped a dime in McKonkey’s pocket for a TD that traveled 56 yards in the air. I have yet to see JT make that throw. I simply wish JT had Bennett’s mobility.

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Before being too concerned about the Bucknuts, consider that despite their ranking, MSU was and still is dead last in the nation in pass defense. Fields racked up a lot of stats throwing to wide open receivers running free against the weak as water defenses of the B1G. If they should meet the Dawgs, the results will be much the same as when they met Bama’s elite D last year.

• Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited November 2021

UGA beats Bama, as they should, then you might have

1- Uga

2- Ohio State

3. Cincinnati

4. Notre Dame.

Yes, it is not only possible, it is likely. The only team that the voters and refs have a love affair with more than Bama is Notre Dame. Michigan State went down. Bama goes down. Oregon was, as many thought, overrated-gone. No way a 2 loss Bama makes it to playoffs. Michigan, with one loss, will not back into the playoffs while not even playing in the Big 10 championship game, not when Notre Dame is ripe for the picking.

• DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 419 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited November 2021

I think Oklahoma St beats Oklahoma and then Baylor in the BIG 12 CG. That will earn them the 4th spot in the Playoffs, not ND. The Committee likes Conference champions. Also, ND beat FSU by 3 points, Toledo by 3 points and Va Tech by 3 points.

• SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 362 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

OSU will still need to beat Michigan and Cinn will need to beat Houston. But if they do, I agree that this will be the playoff.

• PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 415 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    1. Ga.
    2. Ohio State
    3. Cincinnati
    4. Oklahoma State
  • PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Looking again, Currently, OK state, Oklahoma, and Notre Dame have similar resumes. But OK, and OK state get a chance to pad theirs, whereas notre Dame can't. No way notre Dame gets the nod over a big 12 champion. Notre Dame will pay a price for continuing to shun inclusion in a conference.

1 uga

2. Ohio State

3. Cincinnati

4. Ok/OK state winner.

If Bama beats GA the tide is in. UGA makes it, regardless. And big 12 will get left out. Don't think Cincinnati will get screwed, again.