Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football instant observations, as Bulldogs once again fall to Alabama

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited December 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football instant observations, as Bulldogs once again fall to Alabama

Georgia football lost to Alabama in the 2021 SEC championship game.

Read the full story here

Comments

• brucelhunterbrucelhunter Posts: 19 ✭✭ Sophomore

Will Kirby ever learn? Georgia will never beat Alabama with Stetson Bennett at quarterback. Too many interceptions, under-throws, over-throws and just poor passing. It's a no-brainer to switch to JT for the playoffs. Same ol' story, dating back to his failure to play Justin Fields. Let's hope makes the right move and goes with JT for the playoffsand the loomng rematch with Bama.

• dogs_n_bravesdogs_n_braves Posts: 121 ✭✭✭ Junior

Really hard to understand this game.

As much as I want to blame SBIV, he was the QB he always has been. The giant holes and missed coverages in defense is the stumper.

Just . . . ugh.

But, you can make the case that UGA should still be #1. Best loss of all teams, better comparable victories to Bama. Sure, Michigan and Bama have better wins, but they each have worse losses. If not for the tradition of falling in the rankings after a loss, the objective analysis says that UGA is still the best team - at least as I see it.

• T_DawgT_Dawg Posts: 26 ✭✭ Sophomore

we have to play Stetson because he can run and is more mobile than Jt??? Well he’s more mobile than Tom Brady too so who would Kirby play?lol not saying Daniels is no Brady but he’s much more accomplished passer than Stetson for sure. We have running backs to run the ball Kirby.

• VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah……. Um……. No.

they just lost by 17 points to a team that took overtime to beat auburn.

• CapeCawdDogCapeCawdDog Posts: 18 ✭✭ Sophomore

Kirby is not elite. I feel for the young men he has entrusted the program to; not their responsibility.

• TIMLAW10TIMLAW10 Posts: 46 ✭✭ Sophomore

the kirby kumbaya woke project works great until you get punched in the mouth.

• budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited December 2021

The only instance observation there is Connor is that kirby is still kirby and the defense was so overrated. All the talk by the pundits, OSU fans, Ala fans was absolutely correct, uga hasn't played a single team with a good offense. They just did, and got absolutely smoked.

It's good to know Andersons B average grade in speaking is paying off.😅😂😅😂🤡

• Scottdobbs01Scottdobbs01 Posts: 26 ✭✭ Sophomore

We lost again because Kirby wants to not play the best QB on his team. Sorry JT you deserve better, just like fields. At least Justin was able to take his talents to a team to put them on display.

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2021

I was optimistic all week and thought we certainly would beat the Tide. BUT, in the back of my mind I knew that we really hadn't played a very tough schedule, we had not been tested, and we had not played an elite opponent. In fact, we had never even played from behind. Today, the better team won. Saban still owns Kirby and the Dawgs.

Devastating, disappointing. Our defense got manhandled for hundreds of yards, and Bryce Young did what he wanted to do. We couldn't sack him, couldn't contain him, and only a couple of times did we even really disrupt him. Our O-Line played a great game. Bowers was phenomenal. Stetson played a pretty good game, but he is simply not good enough to win (2) more games against elite competition and win the Dawgs a National Championship.

Basically, we found out today that we are not as good of a team as everyone thought.

We've still got a chance to make amends and today we got our wake-up call. I'm glad it happened today rather than in the playoffs, but we've got to make some changes on both offense and defense to win it all this year.

Can we regroup and become a better team?

• GardenDawgGardenDawg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭ Junior

You would think CKS has learned from the losses to ALA. Mix it up and put in a new QB for a spark. Losses have no loyalty!

• SteelerDawgSteelerDawg Posts: 71 ✭✭✭ Junior

NOT ELITE. How many times do we have to learn this lesson? After 41 years. Honestly, Georgia doesn't belong in the playoff. Losing by 17 to one of the teams should disqualify you. No need to watch this happen again with SBIV next month.

• 78Dawg78Dawg Posts: 165 ✭✭✭ Junior

Just give the ball to Bowers and let him run over people. I don't know what it's gonna take.

• My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 379 ✭✭✭ Junior

I had said for the last 3 weeks when we played CS and GT. We need to bring JT in and practice throwing for this 1 game, get good reps in. But what does Kirby do, ah, we are up by 14+ in 3rd quarter, let’s just run…NO! You had 1 year against over matched opponents to get the passing game in gear for this shoot out…you failed Kirby and that was not ELITE coaching

• David1David1 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Please take the score off the main page. I’ve said all year that Bennett couldn’t beat them. I like what he’s done, but let’s face it, the teams we played were all terrible on defense. We don’t deserve the playoffs. We as fans can’t take this continuing heartbreak time after time. What a waste of the season. We’re not elite.

• ErkRussell77ErkRussell77 Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

When the insurance salesman is playing quarterback and the NFL quarterback is healthy and on the sidelines this is what you get.

• HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2021

As I see it, we lost this game for three primary reasons:

1. The defensive game plan was poor, coverage schemes were inexplicably poor, repeated missed assignments at all levels of the defense, poor execution at all levels of defense, poor open field tackling, lack of discipline, lack of team first attitude (Young’s fumble easily should have been recovered by Georgia by simply falling on the ball);
    2. Our offensive line played poorly, missing assignments, poor execution, and Bennett was running for his life half the night;
    3. While Bowers had some good overall stats, he blew it on two crucial plays, inexplicably stopping his route (which caused the first interception) and failing to hold onto a touchdown pass he normally catches (and this was not the only throw Georgia receivers simply failed to catch or dropped).

I don’t think you can fairly put this loss on Bennett’s shoulders, and, sadly, playing JT Daniels would not have changed the outcome.