Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Nick Saban: Alabama fed off ‘yummy’ rat poison, ‘changed the picture’ on Georgia QB in 41-24 win

SystemSystem Posts: 10,480 admin
edited December 2021 in Article commenting
imageNick Saban: Alabama fed off ‘yummy’ rat poison, ‘changed the picture’ on Georgia QB in 41-24 win

ATLANTA — Alabama coach Nick Saban served noticed that he remains the king of college football until otherwise noted, trumping a historically talented and accomplished Georgia football team on Saturday night.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 382 ✭✭✭ Junior

Mike, you forgot to also say…there #1 WR going down before halftime

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All good points Mike. Really embarrassing loss for the Dawgs...add Bama lost their #2 receiver Metchie for the entire 2nd half AND 85 penalty yards given to the Dawgs by Bama that led to one of our TDs in the 2nd half.

Simply amazing we couldn't get a decent pass rush or any sacks against a team that gave up 36 sacks this season and 7 last week against Auburn. How did we screw that up so badly?

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All the credit to Alabama.

I just don't get the gameplan on defense for the first half. Conservative is not what I was expecting.

It looked like Ga decided to use the same (prevent) defense that Auburn went to during Bama's last drive in regulation. That was not going to work against that team with that QB and those receivers. Horrible gameplan on defense.

Bennett still giving it away to the other team. Not scoring in the red-zone. Blown assignments in the secondary.

Ga just didn't play well and Bama played their best game of the year.

Maybe this is what Ga needed. A wake-up call?

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Just Kirby being Kirby....5star < walk-on.....

• Options
    bobebobe Posts: 203 ✭✭✭ Junior

Tired of people blaming SB and CKS, it was a team loss.

• Options
    deputydogdeputydog Posts: 132 ✭✭✭ Junior

You are not going to be Alabama if you are not able to throw the ball downfield. We knew that at the start of the season. We all got enamored with the defense. In the second half the defense held up reasonably well. We needed to score points and we did not. Simple. Now let address the issue that is on everyone mind whether they are admit or not. Nothing against Stetson, he is a decent backup. He is not better than Fromm and Fromm is not playing on Sundays. Stetson is good at winning the games Georgia is suppose to win. You don't get a trophy for doing what you are suppose to do. Last night was the first game this year where the team required a difference maker and Stetson is not that. Georgia may eventually beat Alabama but it won't be because of Stetson. It is not a knock on the guy. It is just a fact.

• Options
    dazzledawgdazzledawg Posts: 187 ✭✭✭ Junior

What else is there to say? We got outcoached and obviously outplayed and the two INT's were a killer.

I don't know that we'll ever know what the deal is with JT. I think the fans deserve the truth however.

Going for it on 4 & 9 against Bama is never a good idea. There was plenty of time left in the game. Football is a game of ebbs and flows and psychology and the 3 sure feels a lot better than giving them the ball back.

It made us look desperate when we should be looking smart. (no pun intended)

I was surprised that we didn't try to jam their receivers on the line because they were running free. It was just weird how we schemed for this game. On offense too.

When was the last time we had a coach that believed in controlling the clock and game running the ball and eight minute drives. Coach Dooley?

Kenny Mac looked good but we seem to think that we need to match Bama score for score throwing the ball and we just don't have the QB to do that. Strange approach IMO

But, I'm old school. Modern day coaches just don't think like that any more. Got to be flashy.

• Options
    SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited December 2021

I do hope that at season’s end, the true story around The QB decisions leaks out. It strikes me that starting with the UAB game, it would have made far more sense to play Beck or Vandergriff if JT was injured. You cannot tell me that by the time either one of them had two or three games underfoot, they would not be up to speed. The bigger question is what JT’s family and advisors told CKS. It seems clear from body language that they informed the team of his intention to move on and that he should not be subjected to any situation where he could be injured.

Defensive game planning and talent shortfalls can be corrected. But QB development missteps can set back a program for years. Ultimately, that could be the albatross that hangs from CKS for several years to come.

• Options
    KeepChoppingKeepChopping Posts: 10 ✭ Freshman

You are not going to be Alabama if you are not able to throw the ball downfield. We knew that at the start of the season. We all got enamored with the defense. In the second half the defense held up reasonably well. We needed to score points and we did not. Simple. Now let address the issue that is on everyone mind whether they are admit or not. Nothing against Stetson, he is a decent backup. He is not better than Fromm and Fromm is not playing on Sundays. Stetson is good at winning the games Georgia is suppose to win. You don't get a trophy for doing what you are suppose to do. Last night was the first game this year where the team required a difference maker and Stetson is not that. Georgia may eventually beat Alabama but it won't be because of Stetson. It is not a knock on the guy. It is just a fact.

1000000% this. Been saying it since Daniels first went down. It was a fool's errand to think that the defense would never have a down game, that we'd never need a difference maker at QB. Unless Daniels is still hurt, CKS is that fool. The buck stops with him. He called the game a wake-up call. Indeed, and the phone's for you Kirby. Stop making this same mistake.

The defense may have lost the game, but the offense had no prayer of winning it with Stet at QB.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m hearing what many of you are saying about Bennett vs Daniels, but I’d like to remind you that in JT’s 7 starts at UGA he has only faced 2 teams with winning records (Clemson & Cincinnati) and neither was as good as Bama was last night…..not even close. FYI…..the great JT accounted for a TOTAL of 2 TDs (1 passing) combined in those games (none against Clemson). He threw for only 135 yards against Clemson and only converted 1 of 11 third down attempts against Cincinnati. As weak as Stetson was last night he still had 340 yards passing, 30 first downs and 3 passing TDs…..and he threw a bonehead pick-6. My point is, JT is placed on this pedestal like he has done something impressive against good teams and that’s not even slightly the case. Also, this “5-star vs walk-on” malarkey is insane. Bennett will likely win the Burlsworth Trophy this year and guess who won it TWICE in the past……Baker Mayfield.

• Options
    T_DawgT_Dawg Posts: 26 ✭✭ Sophomore

Bennet is no Baker! Also I think it was pretty clear looking back that JT was hurt in Clemson game which would explain why no deep passes were really attempted. Most fans are only saying that there needs to be a better explanation on what’s going on. I mean why did Daniels get so little playing time in the second half of games all season just dissent make sense

• Options
    GoodLifeGoodLife Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

I do not think anyone would argue that Georgia's talent and depth isn't that far off from Alabama's (obviously the QB position notwithstanding). My biggest gripe is that we almost never see a Saban team getting blown out. When they lose, they typical self destruct with turnovers & penalties and still they only manage to lose by a very small margin. Georgia, on the other hand, fully loaded, still gets blown out periodically. And it's just difficult watch at times.

• Options
    Bigjohnson92Bigjohnson92 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited December 2021
  • Options
  • Options
    edited December 2021

Feel free. You can be tired of it, but it doesn’t mean it’s not true. Those 2 specifically lost the game.

• Options
    bobebobe Posts: 203 ✭✭✭ Junior

Yes it does when Alabama gets 31 unanswered points in a row in basically one quarter.