Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

What is and isn’t fixable for Georgia football as it enters College Football Playoff

Comments

• stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

@MontanaDawg it is good that you have moved on from being so overly concerned about Beck’s psyche.

Have you ever considered that Alabama might have been the better team in those two games.

Having said that I too hope Daniels gets his opportunity.

@UGADad20 Riley and Day have been pretty successful Then again they had to match up Alabama and Saban with the results being similar to Kirby’s. Kirby might get another opportunity and very well be successful.

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nope, no man crush so don’t be jealous. I just post facts and everything was a fact in the post you are criticizing. I notice you didn’t disagree with a word I said, just started slinging childish insults which begs the question…. Do you ever post when you’re sober?

• Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 410 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited December 2021

Georgia fans need to be prepared for Stetson v Michigan. I can almost guarantee you, as a defensive mind (and wether he’s right or wrong), that Kirby feels like Stetsons mistakes were largely due to the defense putting him in a bad position playing from behind.

JT will come in and probably finish out the year should Stet struggle. But Stetson will be the **** QB1 against Michigan. Write that down.

Its really frustrating too. Gosh a wanted it for Stetson… but I gotta admit, JT DEFINITELY woulda taken a few sacks in the SECCG; but there were many, MANY plays where Stetson had all day to survey the field. I trust JT more to find/throw someone open when in that circumstance.

• BullDawg88888BullDawg88888 Posts: 29 ✭✭ Sophomore

Great article Conner. You were spot on and the complex emoji for the quarterback heading was particularly spot on. That's exactly how I feel about it.

So who do you see in the quarterback room next year? Does either Beck or vadargriffe transfer and will Daniels return?

Great question. I think JT will return unless he’s angry with our coaching staff. My gut feeling is that it is his choice to not be playing right now because his non-verbals don’t indicate he’s upset. He seems to be friendly and supportive with Stetson so I feel like there is another story that none of us know about and one Kirby can’t divulge. My bet is JT would be the starter if he’s fully recovered from whatever is going on with him. Bennett may also return, but I think a healthy JT would get the starting nod….just like this year. Beck may hit the road, but I’m guarded on that prediction because I have no idea how good he looks in practice compared to Brock V.

@BubbaBill I tend to agree with your overall assessment. Daniels would be mistaken to declare for the draft. He has very little meaningful tape plus he appears to be fragile, something he needs to overcome.

I try to read about other SEC teams and what they are doing. I tend to focus on Alabama as they have become the standard for the SEC. I find some of the things they do in recruiting to be confusing and I think Kirby is following Saban.

my example is the quarterback position. You really have two types of quarterbacks , pro set or dual threat. The type of quarterback you recruit should match your offense. Kirby was running a pro set offense with Jake and was being successful. He the recruited Fields who did not fit. It was like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

Next he signs Beck who is more like Daniels. This is followed with Brock V who I believe will be like Bennett. Who starts will influence what offense is run. This is a bit like Jones following TUa. And young following Jones. All ver different skill sets

Flippng to Bama Young was the #1 dual threat quarterback in his class. The quarterback at Clemson was the #1 pro set quarterback in the same class. In the case of Young he would rather pass than run and the Bama fans think he holds the ball too long and should run more.

Bama’s OC stated he would have to develop three different game plans based on the quarterback because their skill sets are so different. I think the same holds true for UGA

equaLily interesting is there are no running plays for Young in their offense.

Great comments regarding recruiting that I hadn’t thought about. I think Gunner is probably classified as a “dual” QB so maybe that’s the direction we are headed, but it’s certainly not clear. Go Dawgs!!!

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is a simple question, but one that should clarify the QB situation. When was the last time (other than Mathis who proved to be incapable of being our starting QB) Smart changed who the starting QB was other than injury?

Seriously. I can't find a single time. Eason was solo QB in 2016 and did decent, Fromm proved to be better but Eason was given the nod in 2017. He was hurt and never played again. Fields proved to be better in 2018, but never got the start and likely knew he wouldn't which is why he transferred. In 2019, Fromm was starter and Bennett proved to have some potential, but Fromm all the way through the season. In 2020, Bennett was the starter until he had an injury and magically Daniels took over and became the defacto starter.

And, of course, what do you think happened the moment Daniels got injured?

So... who do you think is going to start for the Playoff game???