Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Early Signing Period: Georgia football 2022 recruiting class commits, signees, live updates

SystemSystem Posts: 10,461 admin
edited December 2021 in Article commenting
imageEarly Signing Period: Georgia football 2022 recruiting class commits, signees, live updates

The early signing period begins on Wednesday, Dec. 15. Below you can find information on the 2022 commitments, signees, targets as well as live updates on the Georgia recruiting class.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2021

Excited to have Smith, the speed demon, playing with us and not against us! GO DAWGS!

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"Smith is the highest-ranked as he’s the No. 224 ranked prospect in the recruiting cycle. " Tomorrow AL is signing 4* #42 overall (Rivals) WR Shazz Preston. Not running Monken's whole O and slinging the ball around the yard with JTD is costing UGA higher ranked WR commits.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Am I the only one who finds it weirdly bad a$$ that we had a guy sign a day "early" from Australia?

• Options
    Dawgfan1995Dawgfan1995 Posts: 77 ✭✭✭ Junior

Not at all. In fact, I'm wondering if there wouldn't be some way for an entrepreneurial NIL type setup to squirrel away all the UGA recruits and fly them to Australia to sign their NLIs a day early. 😉

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Hey, where is Cole Speer's welcome tweet, man?

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited December 2021

Kirby is the foundation that is constant. No matter what assistants come and go. Appreciate this people like we should. This is ELITE recruiting and getting stronger every year. Without him, this would not be happening. He hires the GREAT assistants while they are here. He has made it where they WANT to be here. He is the force. He is the reason. Do not EVER want to hear ANYONE wanting someone else to be coach at UGA. Recognize. Appreciate. And ENJOY!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I believe Gunner can come in and be like Young, if given the reins. Now if we can find the equivalent of a Jameson at receiver. That shouldn't be hard right?

Knowing CKS he'll probably go with the walk-on. Never mind.

• Options
    traildawg51traildawg51 Posts: 46 ✭✭✭ Junior

I love DawgNation and I come to the site multiple times a day year round. I listen to BA expound on all things Georgia Football. My one Christmas wish is that somehow we could be a little more professional in the output. Many have commented on bad grammar and misspelled words and down right mistakes. The banner over this page is just another example. On another note, I do get tired of the constant negative remarks in the posts. It seems there are a lot of Dawg Fans that could do a better job coaching the team than CKS. Makes me wonder why they are not making millions of dollars a year coaching in the SEC.

• Options
    stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited December 2021

Thanks for providing the foundation of next years constant discussion about the quarterback position. I believe someone made pretty much the same comment about Brock except we had this Heisman candidate as the starting quarterback this year. I would anticipate gunner will actually be better than Young

• Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 411 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Predicting that Gunner will be better than Bryce Young is optimism in the extreme!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No way Gunner could do something like Young did, right? I mean he won't be playing at Bama. Is that your point or he's just not as talented in your estimation?

• Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 411 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

Gunner will have the additional disadvantage of not playing for multiple OC

• Options
    DawgCrazy76DawgCrazy76 Posts: 488 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2021

I'm liking the haul especially DB [Dalen Everette] and DL but, what happened with Tyre West Tennessee and Travis Hunter to Jackson St? Is this the best we could get on the OL what am I missing here? I'm not up on the OL recruit's info.😎

• Options
    SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited December 2021

All respect to Travis Hunter for supporting HBCU’s, but his decision will ultimately cost him $millions. There is no way he will get enough eyeballs to achieve first round status in 3 years. I hope the NIL money he gets makes up for it. There was a b-ball player who made the same choice last year. Does anyone remember his name?

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'm not going to say Gunner will not be as talented as Young, but will say he won't be given the chance to be. With Saban, Young got to play in EVERY game, throw at least 10 passes per game regardless of the score. But with Kirby, backups are lucky to throw 5-8 passes in a whole 2nd half, ie. Arkansas. Or 0 passes against tech. That is why I honestly believe why fans are so mad at kirby. He talks about reps, but never gives them to the most important position on the field. Just saying.

• Options
    SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I think it’s actually their financial aid form that binds the recruit. The letter of intent can easily be withdrawn.

• Options
    edited December 2021

First let me say, I'm super excited about this class. But, where are the 5*wr's or top 50 players that are wr's? With all these 5* db's, is it safe to say, Kirby is just planning on playing defense? Because he still doesn't believe offense beats defense? We all saw how that played out. Just wondering.

Looking at the rankings again, I would be really happy to just have a top 100 player that is a wr. I guess throwing the ball 5-8 times in the entire 2nd half against Arkansas, and very few times against others shows top recruit wr's to go somewhere else. Sorry, but top recievers do not want to block 80% of the time. I know Pickens came here, but UGA had no recievers left due to the draft that year.

• Options
    edited December 2021

At 3:36 pm. Let's see if Rivals.com knows anything. They have multiple predictors having Wilson and James going to UF. I hope not. Here is something funny,if anyone has time to look at rivals.com, look at the Ala commits. Rivals literally bumped 1 up 20 spots or so, just to be a 5*. And bumped 2 others up 11 spots and 74 spots respectively, to make them around 32 or so. Lol. What a joke.

They said Shemar James and Kamari Wilson. Didn't realize there were 2 young men with the last name James.

Edited, 4:15, 1 of the 2 so far. Kinda disappointing. Didn't expect him to be scared off by a challenge. Especially someone who seemed to be so much a Dawg. SMH.

Edited again, Jones is HUGE. Takes away a lot of the disappointment of Wilson.