Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Youtubetv. Disney/ESPN

philipsmith99philipsmith99 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
edited December 2021 in General

Effective today ESPN and related Disney channels no longer on youtubetv. Email from youtubetv says bill will be adjusted accordingly.

As a result the ESPN stand alone app no longer works either as you have to login with tv provider.

How many are already subscribers of Disney? Contemplating.

Comments

• dradcliffdradcliff Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don’t really care about ABC other than football. I already have ESPN+ that I got when we got Disney+ for the kids. I think I can watch all the games on ESPN+. If not I will be switching to Hulu or Sling unless someone has a better suggestion.

• dradcliffdradcliff Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Apparently you cannot stream ESPN content on ESPN+. This stinks.

• dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,169 mod

If you go with Hulu +Live Tv Disney and ESPN+ is now included since they just went up 5 bucks a month....

• ChopperChopper Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We have Disney plus. Use it a lot...has all the Nat Geo stuff on it too.

if you don’t have kids and don’t watch the Marvel and Star Wars stuff I might pass on it...just my opinion.

• rennerrenner Posts: 95 ✭✭✭ Junior

Is Hulu live comparable? It makes me crazy not to have any of my sports channels all of a sudden

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

In my opinion Hulu Live TV without commercials is the way to go.

If you want to record a lot more games it's ~$10 a month extra, but that also lets you skip through commercials on games you record.

Go, Dawgs!

• QvoxQvox Posts: 436 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is getting crazy. I had a satellite provider that went to war with local TV stations who had rights to the game. But of course they started their little war on college gameday. So I went to a streaming service, which worked that weekend.

But the next weekend they too were blocking the game. I went to a third provider, which was also blocked. I ended up having to watch the game on some bootleg channel on YouTube which was transmitting the game (illegally I assume) since youtube shut them down.

But just as soon as that one channel went down another came up, and I was able to finish watching the game uninterrupted. Not that I condone breaking the law, if your desperate there is always a way to watch the game.

I've since ditched the satellite provider, and I'm going to streamline my streaming subscriptions. The one thing that's cool about all this chaos is you're month to month with any of the providers, and can cancel one and switch to another easily.

Exactly what I have. Only thing is no AMC, but got AMC+ thru Amazon.

• JoeClarkJoeClark Posts: 427 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So is the consensus to go to Hulu?

Because I dropped youtube tv the next morning - I only play for it to watch the dawgs and a little SportsCenter but now - nada!

• GurleymanGurleyman Posts: 90 ✭✭✭ Junior

I had youtube tv and switched to hulu live. Youtube has a leg up solely in the fact that its unlimited dvr. Otherwise i prefer hulu.

• JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don’t watch a lot of TV live. So I’m trying Vidgo. Signed up this morning. No CBS or NBC, no DVR—but many sports channels with 4 ESPN channels, ACCN and SECN. 95 channels for $55/month. So far the stream is good.

CBS live can be obtained through Paramount+ for $10/month. I don’t watch any mainstream networks outside of football games and a baseball game here or there so I’ll sign up for Paramount/CBS next season.

• Old_lady_dawg_fanOld_lady_dawg_fan Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I went with Fubo this year and it works well except when ESPN loses me with last minute changes. Previously Sling worked great by using Locast for local/ network channels (ABC, CBS) but they got shut down in court.

• HunkerDown1MoreTimeHunkerDown1MoreTime Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I just logged into ESPN+ with my ROKU. Streamed Dawgs/George Mason basketball game and it worked perfectly

• HuckleberryHuckleberry Posts: 463 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I suddenly had AMC+ show up on my dish network a few days ago.

• DawgwiredDawgwired Posts: 3,117 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hulu live Unlimited devices. has been the best to me

• philipsmith99philipsmith99 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Are you sure? This would not make sense to me, but very little makes sense to this old man in our current world.

• KekinKekin Posts: 7 ✭ Freshman

You don’t get the live games on ESPN+ that you get on ESPN, ESPN 2, SECN, etc.

They add them later to their content, but you don’t get to watch them live.

• YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This was a calculated move by Disney to do this at the beginning of bowl season when demand for ESPN content would be at its peak. A lot of people will be switching over to Hulu. Google owns YouTube but you know who owns Hulu? Disney.

• DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My son has Hulu LiveTV with great internet but Hulu drops the connection every 30 minutes or so. He hasn't had that issue with any other streaming service, just Hulu. That makes me a little wary of switching to them.

Had the same problem. Got a better router and fixed that problem. Drops every once in a while.....