Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

No matter what playoffs bring, Dawgs have had a memorable season

2»

Comments

• Options
    DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior

I can't believe in year 6 of the Kirby Smart era, I am hearing that the regular season makes a great season. That a possible 0-2 record in the post season doesn't really matter? That despite spending $200 Million on facilities, and what, 10 analysts on the payroll, we need to thank our lucky stars we had a great regular season? What are we gonna do, Bill, send the AD to the nearest sports store, to buy a trophy for 12-0? Because that's the only recognition UGA will get for this season, if we don't win the whole thing now.

• Options
    RollDogRollDog Posts: 38 ✭✭ Sophomore

I did read your piece post SECCG but for you to all me ignorant for not carrying Kirby’s water the way you’re doing, and EVERY Cox-associated writer, is ridiculous. Have you seen the 90% of posters who feel the same way I do. So do you then just cut and paste “ignorant” to everyone?

You guys have become Kirby’s Joseph Goebbels.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Its another typical Bobby Cox type scenario (14 times 1st in division, only one World Series championship).

While our performance under Smart has been consistent, at the same time, we can't seem to cross that finish line. All of the other major players have grabbed theirs at least once. Bama, Clemson, Ohio State, LSU, etc. We are the lone powerful with a real schedule that can't get it done. Other teams have had crappier seasons over the years but still managed to get in there at least once. I'm not sure who best to compare us to. Oregon, I would guess would be the most appropriate comparison. Notre Dame is the choice you don't want to be compared to.

I REALLY appreciate the positive spin and if Smart pulls out all the stops and plays all the cards (ie: PLAY JT!), then I'll at least feel like we tried.

A warning though. If we lose to Michigan and JT doesn't play, there is going to be some real toxicity from fans, donors and talking heads.