Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia gets needed boost with JT Daniels, George Pickens in Orange Bowl fold

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited December 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia gets needed boost with JT Daniels, George Pickens in Orange Bowl fold

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. — Georgia football got a healthy — and much-needed — lift on Monday night with the arrivals of quarterback JT Daniels and receiver George Pickens in South Florida.

Read the full story here

Comments

• randyglass14randyglass14 Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior

Oh please…like he’ll do any more than wear a headset and ponder where he’ll go in the portal!

• Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That’s great news, Mike ! Thanks for the post!

Go Dawgs! Hate on Michigan!

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Pickens will definitely see field time. JT......? Bennett's performance will be a factor. Michigan will leave the gate hard. UGA better be there stride for stride. OSU could not match Michigan's intensity. Jordan Davis said UGA came to Miami to win......well, be a man of your word Jordan...WIN!

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If JT sells his soul to the devil in exchange for some receivers not named Bowers to get some consistent separation, then by all means he should start!

• David1David1 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If Daniels plays, I’m sure the offensive game plan would be custom fit for his ability. Get the ball out quickly and max protection.

• DawgnSCDawgnSC Posts: 111 ✭✭✭ Junior

The problem is nobody will ever know the true answer to the one question every fan ask. Until given a chance, even Kirby Smart does not know how JT would have done against Bama. He has never had the opportunity to see. Let’s just pray if it’s needed again, Kirby can, and will, pull the trigger 🙏

• plrdawgplrdawg Posts: 157 ✭✭✭ Junior

J.T. should have been playing 8 weeks ago when cleared by his physician/ 2 weeks after he was cleared by UGA sports doctors/training staff. Now he may be rusty without reps/snaps under real conditions, with 1st string receivers. Hope he can play with effectiveness,, if he gets the chance or need to play. He worked during the summer in cali with the catchers, who took the trip, but that has been wasted 5 months later. Doubt he will play, even if behind, with a passing game in need. The script has been written. We will win or lose with SB. Let's wish our front 7 defense does the job once again, and keeps the score low, and DB's don't lose coverage for long balls. Get a turnover or 2 and we may squeak by until the next week, when we will need to implement the Auburn game-plan against the tide( rush 6-7, man coverage ALL GAME LONG, not giving them a score on last drive).

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Dawgs Offense was a question mark at the beginning of the season, through the season, and into post season play. Their like a box of chocolates you never know what your gonna get. But after game one the Dawgs Defense was a Near constant positive, Until…….. So what I Hope very much to see is a smothering, stifling, flying to the ball Dawgs Defense. A defense so stout from the onset of the game and All the way through that Michigan can only pray to score a FG !! That’s what the Dawgs D HAD been all season, Until……. I want to see a return in Full of that. I want that nightmare game a short while back to be a total fluke. That will Never happen again. That’s what I Hope for and Expect from the Dawgs D. Now it would be Awesome, Wonderful, Terrific, Outstanding IF the Dawgs Offense could sustain drives and score TD’s not FGs. Please Dawgs Offense give me a Very Pleasant surprise. On Special Teams, would Love to see some great Kick & Punt returns !! Also love to see Pod make Any & All FGs he Might be called on to make. In Short for this novel, a Dawgs Team ( Coaches Definitely Included) firing on All cylinders All game long !! And carry that right on into the National Title Game. I Believe it all depends on how bad KS and the Dawgs want it. Go Dawgs !!

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If Stets starts and begins to struggle I sure hope Kirby will bring in JT. If (and I sure doubt he will) JT gets the start and begins to struggle I would hope Kirby would bring in Stets. Changing QBs would be contingent on that it’s Very clear that which ever one is under center just ain’t getting it done, and hopefully Don’t Wait to long till the game has gotten so far out of hand theirs no hope. I hope our Dawgs come into this game Bitter, Angry, EAGER to totally Redeem themselves in front of the whole nation. I hope Kirby is Willing to step out of his comfort zone and take Calculated Risks. Not so much gimmick and gadget plays but Thinking outside the box. Harbaugh and his folks have studied the Dawgs closely I’m sure, in particular The Debacle in Atlanta. SO come in with a plan totally different than they were expecting. As much as I hate to say it sort of Sabanesque you might say. AND if things ain’t working, Please Oh Please Kirby be willing to change to something else. You know like dropping out of zone coverage to man for example.

edited December 2021

Yeah yeah, you think practice is the end all, be all? Wake up and smell the roses. It falls on Kirby’s shoulders as the head coach. And every fan, including me, has a right to question his decisions. Yeah he gets paid, ALOT of money for his football knowledge and decisions. None of that means they are the right decisions. As I stated before, YOU, me, Kirby, and everyone else has no clue how JT would have done playing against Bama. There are 2 things I know, because I have seen it twice now. Stetson being elusive doesn’t phase Saban. I’m pretty sure 41-24 shows that. I hope I’m wrong and the Dawgs get to the glory land with Stetson. Prove me and a lot of others wrong. Go Dawgs!

I agree. Stetson has gotten better over the years. Is better good enough? Not looking for most improved, being this close to the finish line. Play to win the game as Herm said.

edited December 2021

Who cares? If he beats Michigan 3-2, it’s. WIN? Right? Clemson probably had a top 3 defense in September with all summer to prepare. I don’t think anyone is against Stetson if they are a Dawg fan, but don’t be against JT if he needs to come off the bench is all I’m saying. Including stubborn Kirby Smart.

• DestinDawgDestinDawg Posts: 636 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kirby’s 6th year at UGA and we have the worst QB in the CFP’s. A walk on for heavens sake. Oh well I’ll be pulling for the good guys as usual…….Go Dawgs.

As I said before, I don’t care what the score is, as long as they win. You act as if you had dinner with Smart last night. Step back, stop drinking the Kirby kool aid and look at it objectively. You and a few others blame the defense. News Flash, the defense isn’t shutting down Alabama. That’s freaking Captain obvious watching both times.