Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Stetson Bennett, Todd Monken sound off on negative chatter around the Georgia quarterback

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited December 2021 in Article commenting
imageStetson Bennett, Todd Monken sound off on negative chatter around the Georgia quarterback

Todd Monken and Stetson Bennett shared some candid thoughts on the play of the Georgia quarterback.

Read the full story here

Comments

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It is, what it is. SB or bust!

• ChewDawgChewDawg Posts: 124 ✭✭✭ Junior

Thank you Todd Monken for telling the armchair coaches how it really is. As I've said before, Kirby Smart doesn't make these decisions on his own. He makes them after great lengths of discussions with his assistant coaches. I don't know why all the armchair coaches keep saying that there's favoritism and all nonsense. If you truly think that you know best, go apply for Kirby's job. That will fix everything. Oh, and just so you all know, Justin Fields **** against Bama also. Did Ohio State, with Fields as their QB, not get destroyed by Bama last year?

• KBPKBP Posts: 377 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Coach Monken,

Why did you bench Bennett last season after Daniels got healthy?

Why wasn't Bennett the starter to begin this season?

SB isn't good enough to ever start at UGA(he was told that-presumably from Monken. BUt he comes in and saves the say at Arkansas. Leads us to the FLA game, we get the lead and everything unravels. BAMA game same thing. JT comes back and takes the starting job-presumably they like what the y see in practice. JT wins out and wins the sstarting job. THen JT gets hurt SB is now the guy who can win the NC. CAn't make this stuff up.

THe most wishy washy see-saw back and forth messaging ever from coaches.

• Jbayne1Jbayne1 Posts: 22 ✭✭ Sophomore

Lmao if you really think Todd Monken believes Stetson is better, i have some oceanfront property in Kansas to sell you 😂😂 he's doing what every smart coach does. You dont stir up controversy. You go along with the head coaches plan and try to keep the message the same.

Also, anyone else find it interesting that not a single WR or TE has said anything good about playing with stet? The arent even talking to the media anymore. When JT was playing, you heard from them a good amount.

• Trey33Trey33 Posts: 133 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited December 2021

Kirby said this using Monkens voice!!!! At this point run the wishbone and just hope for the best

• DeppDoggDeppDogg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Well, uh, nobody drafted #33 in the NFL "looked bad" when they played in college. But maybe you watched every SMU game while he was there; I did not so kudos to you. But Bret Farve = Stetson Bennett? OK, I guess we'll see how that "plays" out.

• rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Well, I guess Kirby must just want to lose to Alabama, can't think of any other reason Stetson continues to play. Does that sum up your comments?