Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia has been practicing to beat Michigan all year, they just didn’t know it

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited December 2021 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia has been practicing to beat Michigan all year, they just didn’t know it

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. — Georgia has been competing against Michigan football all season — they just didn’t know it.

Read the full story here

Comments

• plrdawgplrdawg Posts: 157 ✭✭✭ Junior

I hope and think, all who are posting here are fans of the DAWGS. When has it been against the rules to question the decisions that come from above? We love America, and question the decisions that are made from the top. If we have questions, and opinions that are different from the current script, it does not mean I am not a supporter. I have issue with coach KS not following Auburn's blue-print to beat AL, which was to play man coverage on the back end, and rush 6-7 to keep the QB on his back all night, preventing him from throwing downfield...Unwanted result, young picking us apart. Best QB is Daniels, IMP.....But I'm supporting SB, hope he wins it all....But I think QB situation was mishandled prior to the FL game.....Now J.T. is missed out on valuable rep needed reps he should have been getting, to get back in the line-up for more difficult games. Daniels carved up Vandy for 35 points in 1st quarter, and no other QB did that, not even AL

• 87dawg87dawg Posts: 364 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Equating who the better quarterback is based on touchdown passes thrown while disregarding passing yards gained is a ridiculous post. I have news for you, not every pass ends in a touchdown. Sometimes you get a whole bunch of yards so that it is easier to run for the score. 392 yards is pretty darned impressive and anyone that knows football would understand this.

And the defense didn’t play their best game against Alabama but seriously, our defense stopped them several times and gave pretty good field position to our offense only to have them come up empty.

I know who the better quarterback is, hands down but, regardless of who is under center, they will have my full support until it is time to make a change. I would feel that way regardless of who was starting. You know who else would say that? The head coach of that same Alabama team who has beaten us twice with his “backup” going in when the starter wasn’t getting it done. I would add, both of that coach’s backups are now in the NFL.

And this refresh nonsense is driving me nuts. It took 4 times to write this post, eventually having to write elsewhere and then paste it as it kept getting wiped out on refresh.

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2021

Yes, 392 yards by JT against Cincinnati is impressive as are SB’s 342 against the #1 team. What’s not impressive is JT’s 1 TD and 1 INT in that game. BUT, the most telling stat is JT only succeeded on 9% (1 for 11) of his 3rd down conversions. That’s horrible.

edited December 2021

I never said 342 yards passing wasn’t impressive. In fact, I actually said the opposite so thank you for confirming my point while trying to discredit it. However, I would add to that that throwing the ball 5 yards or less and your receivers running for an additional 20 is not what I consider a long pass.

My point being, there are more ways to score than a passing TD. The passing can get you to that field goal range that allows your kicker the opportunity but also makes it a shorter run for your RBs. I would also say, JT’s play at the end of t hat Cincinnati game is what even gave Podlesney the opportunity to kick the game winner, lest we forget. Let us also not forget that UGA only ran for 45 yards in that game.

Also, why is it, when Daniels is the starter and the team is blowing the opponent out, he is pulled in the first quarter or first half while Bennett goes whistle to whistle? Why was Bennett playing the entire tech game? Why was Daniels only allowed to hand off for one series against Charleston Southern?

None of that makes any sense.

• DawgBiscuitDawgBiscuit Posts: 480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Which QB? I was raised that you dance with the one who brung ya'. However, if the one who brung ya' cannot dance or for health reasons can't dance, then its OK to dance with someone else :)

Just SayN'

Go Dawgs!

edited December 2021

Well, if you go that route, let's say your girlfriend broke her leg and can't dance so you dance with her best friend (with her permission). When your girlfriend's leg is healed, do you dump her for her friend or do you go to the next dance with your girlfriend?

I have never agreed with losing your job due to injury. Daniel's has not been given any real game experience since Vandy, which I do not understand. And it's not like we have been in close games.

• DawgBiscuitDawgBiscuit Posts: 480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Point taken... However, do you really think it's a good idea to put JT in as starter when he's NOT had the practice reps needed to be his best. If he was completely healed of the injury, and he had the reps then I might agree. Lastly, look at SBIV stats and compare them with other top SEC QBs.

Nuff said... Go Dawgs!

I never said he should be immediately inserted as the starter. I said he has been given no opportunities in games. You cannot you explain the Charleston Southern game and certainly not the tech game. These were prime opportunities to get him in and playing in real games. If Daniels had started the tech game, he’d have been pulled after the first quarter yet Bennett goes the full game.

That just does not make any sense at all.

Daniels was injured in what has been called a fluke in practice when he wasn’t even supposed to be touched. That fluke keeps him out, basically, an entire season. I gotta believe he hates the player that bumped into him.

So I assume you must be impressed with JT throwing for 130 yards on 30 attempts against Clemson since you are focused on yards per attempt. Or maybe it was his INT in that game or that our offense scored 3 points. Wow…..3 points and you think he would score enough to beat Bama….like 42?

You clearly act like you know everything about JT’s injury and recovery. Why are you so confident that it was just Kirby being a jerk and not playing him. I assure you the coaches attend all the practices and know light years more than we do. There is definitely some other reason he hasn’t been playing and we don’t have a clue. Maybe he didn’t want to play in those games or limit what he did. I don’t know and neither do you.