Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Remember that time we lost to Colorado?

BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sorry random post, but we’ve come so far since the days is Washaun......

Proud to be a DAWG

Comments

• EastAtlDawgEastAtlDawg Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ya the dark days of that 6-7 season...

• BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

Laughing...I was there....first time I ever see a school storm their own field after beating a 500 team!

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,882 mod

That year was also the last time UCF is ever going to beat us haha

• BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BoulderDawg said:
    Laughing...I was there....first time I ever see a school storm their own field after beating a 500 team!

****. Must have been tough. I’ve only attended 1 UGA football game and it was in Jordan Hare. Game ended on the goal line while refs tried to figure out possession. Garrison balled out and Dawgs won.

I see next years Natty is out here in the Bay.

@Kasey said:
    That year was also the last time UCF is ever going to beat us haha

It was rainy, ****, and seemed like the team never got off the bus. Tough season. Our tailbacks fumbled a lot that year.

• UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BoulderDawg said:

Heard their fans were trash. Any truth to that?

• HBTDawgsHBTDawgs Posts: 5 ✭ Freshman

Yes. Tailgate was fine but worst fans ever.

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,649 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2018

Horrible game at Colorado....however it did give us the greatest catch in football history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2DXPALzcio

• mleemlee Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

To bad the Falcons didn’t get AJ.. I might have become a fan then.. Instead they took Jones (Bama supporter).

@mlee said:
    To bad the Falcons didn’t get AJ.. I might have become a fan then.. Instead they took Jones (Bama supporter).

To be fair, they tried everything they could to get AJ from the Bengals. Even offered up one more player in trade for him along with the ridiculous number of draft picks they gave up to Cleveland, who was going to take Julio Jones.

Bengals wouldn't bite. So....they went with Plan B....Julio Jones. It's worked out so far. ATL has been in the playoffs nearly every season Jones has been here, and went to the Super Bowl. The Bengals? Not so much. What I would like to see is a trade to get AJ here....I would also like to see ATL draft Javon Wims.

• mleemlee Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

maybe a Bulldog will land on the Falcons team this year..

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@mlee said:

Falcons could try to get Michel in the 2nd round. They need to replace Coleman. His contract is coming up, and will demand a good bit more than a rookie contract. And they can’t pay Freeman and Coleman.

@Teddy said:

@mlee said:

Falcons could try to get Michel in the 2nd round. They need to replace Coleman. His contract is coming up, and will demand a good bit more than a rookie contract. And they can’t pay Freeman and Coleman.

Saw on the AJC that Freeman needs knee surgery, too.

@Teddy said:

@mlee said:

Completely agree. I kind of like Freeman, the big tailback from Oregon, or even Penny from SDSU. Coleman is good as gone.