Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Where Georgia football ranks in ESPN and various ‘Way-Too-Early’ Top 25 rankings for 2022

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited January 2022 in Article commenting
imageWhere Georgia football ranks in ESPN and various ‘Way-Too-Early’ Top 25 rankings for 2022

Georgia football will begin the 2022 season as the No. 3 ranked team if most 'Way-Too-Early' Top 25's are to be believed.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

This time last year no one was predicting a “generational” defense because of heavy losses to the draft and portal. The D is going to be just fine.

• rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'm of two minds about our potential qb situation - 1. Stetson comes back as the starter and we lose JT and Beck, not too bad because we still have Brock with Gunner coming in, 2. Stetson doesn't come back and we lose Beck. Quite the conundrum. If both depart I think we still lose Beck because, from what I saw, he is in the Dwan Mathis mold of SEC football being just too fast for him and he will be behind Brock and, by the last part of the season, behind Gunner as well. I do long for the pre-portal days.

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What a joke.. Not surprised by the "experts" love for Bama and the brown eyes.

edited January 2022

JT’s situation is interesting. If he transfers, he has to sit for a year since he has used his “free” transfer. I assume he can be released by UGA and be able to play next year. If he is released, that means he has no future with the Dawgs which means Vandegriff is ready. If Vandegriff is ready, Stet will be foolish to tarnish his image by coming back in a backup role or, heaven forbid, transferring.

• HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 716 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If I’m correct, JTD is a graduate and will be able to play immediately if he transfers

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

While it’s true that portal beast can work against us it can also work For us. We have a Very nice 2022 Recruit Class that’s not finished. Plus if you look at the guys who were injured that will more than apt be back Arian Smith, Tate Ratledge, etc. Plus the fact that Allot of young Dawgs HAD to play because of injuries and lastly Using the portal, I think the Dawgs will be right back in the hunt.Win it back to back ? That might be a little To optimistic. But sure not impossible !! We’ll be in there hotly competing I Believe. On a very Selfish on my part note, I wish George Pickens would give us one more year. Y’all think there’s Any chance he would ??

• GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Looking forward to what this DGD does in the NFL - so glad he came back this year and made the impact he did! We will miss you James Cook!

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Eh, "way too early" rankings mean little ESPECIALLY since our players (as well as Bamas) haven't fully announced whether they are staying, declaring or leaving. I mean, if JT decides to transfer to a high profile team then that could affect their possible rankings significantly.

• ColoradoSkiDawgColoradoSkiDawg Posts: 35 ✭✭ Sophomore
    edited January 2022

I'm thinking Stet calls it a day as his legacy is assured. JT is starter, Brock is backup, and Gunner runs the scout team to acclimate and gain experience. Then sets up Brock to take over next year with Gunner as his backup.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We need to settle down a bit. Ringo has not even washed his hands yet after that interception.

• rtparkerivrtparkeriv Posts: 90 ✭✭✭ Junior

2022 Quarterback Room:

Stetson Bennett

Brock Vandagriff

Gunner Stockton

For the defense, is it possible Adam Anderson gets his case resolved and returns? Does Travon Walker return? Nolan Smith? Lewis Cine? With Carter, Ringo, and others that would be quite a core group. Also, does Julian Rochester have another year of eligibility, assuming he will be healthy?

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Let Kirby work on next year.

I'm celebrating.

Go, Dawgs!

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This time last year when Davis and Wyatt decided to return I was predicting a NC. As far as being generational, maybe not, but definitely NAtty worthy.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

ANyone catch the remark SB made about comingabck and he and Kirby had to have a conversation or go over some things, I don't remember how he worded it verbatim, I took it to mean Kirby had to declare him the starter. JMHO

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

JTD did NOT use his "free" transfer to come to UGA. That rule was NOT changed until AFTER JTD was granted his waiver (he sat out 11/12th' s of the previous season due to injury). Unfortunately for UGA fans TWalker is predicted to be a rd 1 pick. He is gone. Nolan Smith COULD improve his draft stock by returning. LCine is probably a 2nd day draft pick. He will probably go pro too. Pickens has done most of his healing/rehab and will be 2nd or 3rd rd pick. He is gone.

• budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I think you may be right about those players. The only way I see Pickens coming back, is if, not being mean, Bennett is not the starting qb. With a qb that has the skill set of "throwing the ball all over the yard", like JT, Brock or Gunner. Nothing against Bennett, and I know Pickens has been hurt this year, but those two never seemed to be on the same page. Minus a throw here or there. JS.

But having Walker and Carter on the d-line next year sure would be sweet.

GO DAWGS!!!!!