Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

What latest Georgia quarterback news means for 2022 team

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited January 2022 in Article commenting
imageWhat latest Georgia quarterback news means for 2022 team

Georgia quarterback Stetson Bennett announced he would be returning to Georgia for another season.

Read the full story here

Comments

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Connor,

This is literally the best article written in years regarding our QBs. Thanks for presenting the facts in an unbiased manner. Go Dawgs!

• GardenDawgGardenDawg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭ Junior

I believe that the 2022 defense may not be at the same level as 2021. If the defense falls off some we need a counterbalance on offense, QB. The QB position is widely regarded as the MOST important position in all of team sports. So if the defense is not quite as elite and now gives up more points this will put more pressure on SBIV to do more, which may result in more negative plays (INT) and or reduction in TDs. When the defense can keep the score to under 14, it makes it easier for the offense, not sure it will be that easy in 2022!

• DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Glad to hear pushback against pandemic complaining.

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

Regardless of who plays QB this year, the offense will average close to 40 points per game or more. In that case, we win another natty! That’s what the Dawgs averaged this year even with the three JT produced against Clemson. They aren’t going to get worst. The defense may not be as good ( or they may be better), but they aren’t going to fall off the map.

What Cedrick needs to know is that the fans that make him sick say they love the Dawgs, but what they really love is an outlet to do their *itching!

• VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

G Day game will tell a lot about development of these players.

• 78Dawg78Dawg Posts: 165 ✭✭✭ Junior

Correction: It is NOT a good problem to have.

• HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kconnorriley Fantastic article! Finally, a fair and balanced discussion of Georgia’s quarterbacks!

• dazzledawgdazzledawg Posts: 181 ✭✭✭ Junior

Don’t worry. Be happy.

• doubledawg1990doubledawg1990 Posts: 107 ✭✭✭ Junior

Connor, thanks for the unemotional article about the QB situation. Some of your DN compadres could take a lessor two from you.

• KudzuKudzu Posts: 353 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Agree. This is a really good, well reasoned article with keen insights. Provocative yet unemotional. I particularly like the point around JT and the NFL, which I had not considered until this article. I believe Connor is correct in that, had JT played the whole season, he likely would have left UGA for the NFL... I think that's true with or without a National Championship.

For me, the only thing that would set my hair on fire now would be losing Monken... however, with a decreasing amount of hair, it'll be a small fire, so no biggie 😁

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's okay. It's really is. This is all to be expected at this point (although we will have to see where JT transfers) with the only surprise being the fact that Beck looks like he might be intending to stay. Hopefully Monken will stay as well. 

Look, this is the way Smart believes is the best for the Georgia program and clearly he can't be convinced otherwise. He wants an excellent game manager, shorter passes to TEs and RBs running the football. We aren't going to be able to recruit and keep Elite WRs if we don't have a strong Deep game. So, lets focus on getting Elite TEs and building a strong OLine. It kills me to see JT leave, but it'd kill me more to see him stay and not get a chance to play. 

The spotlight is now on Vandagriff. He will either fit the mold that Smart wants or he'll transfer next season. Stockton is on campus and also not going anywhere. 

I feel it just as you do, but really: things are good.

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

Question for the Bennett Bashers:

Why do you always say, “Bennett averaged less than 20 passes per game”? My question for you: Is that bad and a sign of weakness or strength? If JT had started every game would he have thrown more passes than Bennett? If yes, then it would mean that he was not scoring enough and the coaches had to be more aggressive with the play calling. In other words, the coaches were calling the plays and JT would likely not have thrown any more passes than Stetson if they were equally efficient in leading our offense.

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

And to sum it all up everything will sort it’s self out ( Kirby doing the sorting) and all will be well at UGA. Go Dawgs !!

• Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Wondering if Beck is staying?

• Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Go find us some game breaker wideouts please.

• GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good article about the QB room. Excited to see the competition and what shakes out from it. VERY sad to see Burton leave, really thought that he would have had an absolute breakout season coming up. I hope he does not transfer to BAMA.

• MantiTeosGirlfriendMantiTeosGirlfriend Posts: 10 ✭ Freshman

Some of what’s being said is embarrassing, but the truth is Bennett has earned a reputation of forcing throws and is inconsistent with his accuracy. He balled out in the playoffs and if we get more of THAT Bennett, who throws it away when he should and doesn’t make limp wristed throws, we’ll be just fine next year. I think something that’s making this issue more of a hot topic than it would be otherwise is that everyone deep down is afraid of another Fields situation, where we go from having depth at QB to not knowing who our QB will be 2 weeks from the first game due to transfers.  I think a lot of people just want stability in the long game at that position given how volatile it’s been in recent years.