Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia fans give thanks, even if they don’t prefer Stetson Bennett, or pass on the cranberry sauce

Comments

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kirby could care less what we think or say....he is doing what Kirby does...constantly getting the best players for each position he can....that includes QB. I figure he has told Bennett...no guarantees....come back and compete...Stetson is doing just that. Caleb Williams? Have nopt hear word one on this. Arch Manning....no surprise there. Kirby is relentless...that is why UGA is national champ;

• KudzuKudzu Posts: 353 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited January 2022

See, I love this kind of reasoned, full-spectrum thinking (from street0123) that includes all the relevant parties with minimal degrading of the various characters. I posted an admittedly over-charged post the other day (full disclosure: after starting and having to cut, paste to another app, rewrite the lost parts, and repost before getting refreshed SEVEN times before I could get that post finished, I was a bit hot-and-bothered by the process, which upon reflection affected my own tone... my bad on that one) about bias and re-hashing the same things over-and-over (as this article does)... I think the vast majority of DawgNation members may or may not have supported Stetson in the internal competition, but virtually every one of them backed him once on the field. I'm guessing same goes for JT, were the roles reversed.

Now, it's time to unite behind whoever comes out of the Spring/Summer as the (hopefully clear-cut) "winner" of the competition, and put personal biases aside once they're in the game. I have to say, for the people we now KNOW are on the roster (players and coaches), I personally have high confidence that UGA will have another strong run to the CFP... Go Dawgs!

(PS: this refresh thing has become so infuriating, I now go to my laptop (vs phone or iPad) to comment, as it's easier to save interim versions to beat the post-destroyer 😁😂)

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Very creative, timely, and the best post I’ve seen in awhile!

• SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The one point that seems to get overlooked is age. Forget about volume of game experience, the fact that you have a 25 year old QB as an option vs the typical 19 and 20 year olds gives Bennett a leg up. Just based on maturity alone. Somewhat similar to the Brandon Weeden situation 10 years ago.

• DawgOnTheBeachDawgOnTheBeach Posts: 59 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think that I am going to have to stop reading MG because everytime I almost gag at his **** up to JT and disparaging Stet. If you want to read a balanced article regarding the QB situation check out Seth Emerson. Oops, forgot he moved UP and we got MG as a replacement. Guess The Athletic prefers pumpkin pie!!!

• T_DawgT_Dawg Posts: 26 ✭✭ Sophomore

why are you even on dawgnation? You should just listen to the Kirby press conference and be done,since no one is allowed to criticize or disagree with any decision coach smart makes. I thought this was a website for fans to have a discussion about uga and were all gonna disagree about something but don’t know of anyone who is mad at Stetson for winning the championship. Guess if you have different views points than the coach were your not a true fan. Very weak.

• dazzledawgdazzledawg Posts: 181 ✭✭✭ Junior

I was there in 80 too.

We seem to do pretty good with QB's from South Georgia.

Maybe we need to go find another one.

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

That may be the most ridiculous post of all time….and it started with you commending MG for yet another totally biased article. He loathes Bennett and worships at the altar of St.JT. This is ridiculous. Young threw a record number of passes and averaged 6.5 yards per attempt, 1TD, 2 INTs, a pick 6 and averaged minus 12 yards per carry. Bennett averaged over 8.5 yards per pass attempt, had 2 TDs and no INTs. Also, Bennett had far fewer lost yards per carry and hit a higher percent of his passes. Give it a break and quit all this biased anti Bennett malarkey. He was our best QB this year and proved it on the field by annihilating every team he faced…including Bama after our entire team lost the SEC CG. There is little doubt in my mind that JT would NOT have been 14-1 this year.

• David1David1 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m glad someone else finally saw that he was drunk during that interview. Thankfull that we won the NC, but Bennett fumbled the ball 4 times in that game, even though the one lost is debatable. He fumbled on the opening drive, fumbled the snap on the first TD and fumbled after being called down. Thankfully he didn’t lose any of those or throw any INTs. Go Dawgs!! I don’t care who is QB as long as we win.

• SmokeOnTheWaterSmokeOnTheWater Posts: 66 ✭✭ Sophomore

Another fine passive-aggressive hack job by the AJC UGA beat writers. Please go back to TN where you love the home team and where your IQ is more on par with your UT readers.