Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Former Georgia wide receiver Jermaine Burton announces transfer to Alabama

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited January 2022 in Article commenting
imageFormer Georgia wide receiver Jermaine Burton announces transfer to Alabama

Former Georgia wide receiver Jermaine Burton will be staying in the SEC, as the wide receiver announced on Sunday he will be transferring to Alabama.

Read the full story here

Comments

• JudgeDog31JudgeDog31 Posts: 26 ✭✭ Sophomore

Well, that just sucks.

• HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

I guess this is an “if you can’t beat ‘em, take their players” move on the part of Bama. 🤣

The portal and NIL are going to bring havoc to college football.

• HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think JT left because he needs to go somewhere he is guaranteed to start next year… and that ain’t Georgia with a Natty winning QB1 and a QB room full of potential elite talent.

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

Have to wonder was Burton angry at Kirby or UGA for some reason ? I mean I Know he has a right to go where he feels best for him. That’s not even a question. But Bama ??!!?? That’s like Wow, what’d the Dawgs do to you type thing ?? I don’t even vaguely get this move.Oh well it is what it is.

• osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 377 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • dazzledawgdazzledawg Posts: 181 ✭✭✭ Junior

College football as we once knew it is gone.

Going forward this will be standard operating procedure.

Years ago this would have been considered treason.

Still, Jermaine might not want to come back to Georgia looking for employment when his playing days are over.

That is, if he even has an NFL career.

• bobebobe Posts: 203 ✭✭✭ Junior

Someone will step up and replace him

• 78Dawg78Dawg Posts: 165 ✭✭✭ Junior

He might not even start there. He should not get a Natty ring.

• brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 320 ✭✭✭ Junior

Kid can’t stay healthy.

Can’t make the club if you’re in the tub.

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That's easy. Just look at the talent in the WR room and the new talent coming in. With Delp and Gilbert coming in, there's a real good chance you just witnessed his best season at UGA. I think he's reached the plateau of his potential and he knew it.

• KudzuKudzu Posts: 353 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Wellllll, it’s still kinda treason 🤣 Any other program, best wishes. Not so much ‘Bama.

What's done is done. A possible side benefit? I don’t think there will be ANY concern that those who remain at UGA from the 2021 team will have anything but massive further motivation when they next meet!

• AirmanEAirmanE Posts: 34 ✭✭ Sophomore

It’s all about trying to go pro. Jameson Williams got beat by bama at Osu and transferred there. The tide lost Williams metchie and bolden to the draft. He can make there three deep and play in a pass first offense with a heisman trophy qb. This is just a business decision for kids these days

• David1David1 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This portal mess has to have stipulations put on it and very soon. One stipulation I would propose is if they transfer, they have to pay back the school they leave the number of years of scholarships they used up, or the school they transfer has to pay it.

• SteelerDawgSteelerDawg Posts: 71 ✭✭✭ Junior

He was never going to get enough touches in our offense. Too many playmakers in front of him and we still value a running game.

• JoeClarkJoeClark Posts: 427 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Some of these comments are downright ridiculous. "adults" talking about these kids like they are criminals for doing what they think is best...