Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

NATIONAL LOOK ALIKE DAY

donniemdonniem Posts: 5,579 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have never been described as looking like anyone else. Kind of disappointing in a way. It would have been nice to have been compared to someone famous, but, alas, I'll have to settle for me.

NATIONAL LOOK ALIKE DAY

National Look Alike Day on April 20th celebrates those who look like another person. National Look Alike Day each year on April 20th celebrates those who much like look like another person. Similar to the two sentences preceding this one, people who look like each are still unique in their own way. 

This day was created as a fun day to look like another person. Growing up, did a teacher constantly call you by another student’s name? Some of us often hear the words, “You remind me of someone,” or “You look just like so and so.” If so, then you are one step ahead of the game. 

Professional look-alikes perform as entertainers. Some of the most famous roles they play are Elvis Presley and Marilyn Monroe. But others look like presidents or actors. 

You might call it a doppelganger if you find your spitting image. However, seeing your doppelganger suggests you’ve seen your spirit double who roams the Earth. In folklore, seeing your doppelganger signals a bad omen. Though over the years, the term has come to mean someone who looks just like you. 

Now the chances of finding someone who is your mirror image depends on who you believe. There’s no strong scientific evidence one way or the other, and different tools analyze different features. But if you’ve met your living clone, you know just how likely the chances are of running into your look alike. 

HOW TO OBSERVE #NationalLookAlikeDay

• Celebrate by dressing like someone you will see today or select a celebrity and dress up like them.
  • Fix your hair like they do and talk like them all day long! 
  • Or, if you’ve met your real-life look alike, share a picture.
  • Have fun and post your pictures on Social Media using #NationalLookAlikeDay.

NATIONAL LOOK ALIKE DAY HISTORY

National Look Alike Day was created by feature television reporter, Jack Etzel, in the 1980s. He was in downtown Pittsburgh with photographer Rick Minutello, desperately looking for a light feature for the news. Rick said, “This guy coming toward us looks like Humphrey Bogart.” He did, cigarette and all. Jack said, “Let’s talk to him. I’ll ask him who people think he looks like.” They spent a couple of hours asking others the same question. The next day Etzel got in touch with the Chase Calendar of Events people and proclaimed Look Alike Day so that they could depend on that same funny story for the next ten years.

Is there anyone you ever really wished you looked like ?

Comments