Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football quarterback recruiting coming into focus as 2 SEC schools land quarterbacks

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited April 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football quarterback recruiting coming into focus as 2 SEC schools land quarterbacks

Georgia football is very much in the Arch Manning business after some recent quarterback commitments elsewhere.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Unfortunately Arch is bama bound. : (

• DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior

Maybe you should drop Kirby a note. He apparently hasn't heard the news about Bama lol.

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Where exactly is this definite news about Arch going to Bama? I'm not seeing it anywhere and I THINK it would be pretty big news.

Either way, I like this philosophy and honestly would prefer that we didn't get a single 4+ star QB in the 2023 class (other than Arch maybe) and give some space to develop.

This whole "get a whole bunch of great QBs and see where they land" doesn't seem to work well for us.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Manning is probably looking at the overall record and QB ratings at Bama....top gun Bryce Young of late. He sees Bama as a step higher than UGA in the QB room...just my initial take. May be wrong. But Bama does seem to be his landing site. He will likely decide later this summer or earlier. Rumors are out he has already chosen Bama.

• ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 519 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Did he tell you that? Must have been his dad then? I do not care if he does go there. Would be awesome for him to come to UGA. But UGA is loaded at QB and will be fine either way. I just want to know who your undisclosed source is? His Family? A Friend? A coach? A teammate? Another school? A reporter? Or just you? Since you know his decision and all before anyone else. Have you told Kirby this news?

• HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Does Georgia really need another QB in next year’s class? The Dawgs seem to have a high quality, full room at this juncture… just keep those you have, coach them up, and get another supposed 5-star the year after. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 379 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • SnakeScott13SnakeScott13 Posts: 88 ✭✭✭ Junior

Everyone can have their opinion and it makes for good humor most of the time . If he chooses Georgia it will be because of the city of Athens . The football differences are razor thin but the kid loves the town and that may help coach seal the deal .

• My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 379 ✭✭✭ Junior

I don't think he will come to UGA because we do have a pretty good QB room already, Arch seems to me the type of persons who wants to play from day one. Also Kirby has the track record for QB's of playing the most experienced player over the most talented, he only played freshman his first 2 years because he had too. I don't think we would have ever seen Fromm if Eason didn't get hurt.

• PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 391 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

You are wrong-Manning is leaning towards Georgia and is pretty clear that he will probably end up at UGA.

• MobileDawgMobileDawg Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

You can have to much of a good thing. Dawgs are set either way but personally I would like to see a couple the guns we already have develop....

• GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Win, lose or Draw, we have some pretty good QBs for now. Hopefully, Arch choses UGA, but if not, we have some good guys waiting for their opportunity. GO DAWGS!

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

. So, Virginia is the new lead school? Former Clemson OC is their HC. THey avg. over 500 yards a game on offense. I think he wants to throw it around the yard. Not exactly Kirby's M.O. We'll see, not over til the fat lady sings.

• ChewDawgChewDawg Posts: 124 ✭✭✭ Junior

That's the MO of a wise coach. Where would GA be without Kirby? Average at best, that's where GA would be without Kirby.

• CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 632 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Alabama would be the conventional favorite just because Alabama has a track record of developing three straight (by 2023, four) -- first or second round quarterbacks.

Given UGA's overall record in player development, however, Arch could differentiate based on other factors. Among them: the sense of "connection" Kirby has built among players and staff, our excellent OL, Athens and -- most of all -- the opportunity to become the defining quarterback of an ascendant program.

If not, no worries. We have three promising QBs already in the pipeline.

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2022

I thought the same thing. The 3 underclassmen already in the room make another QB in this class more luxury than necessity. If you can get Arch you get him. Getting him means you lose at least 1 of the 3 already in the room. You may lose 1 any way it goes. It will be telling about the Manning family where Arch goes. Do they go for the stat's and the certainty of AL? I haven't heard any Manning say that they want Arch to throw on every down. Is the pro style offense of UGA better preparation for the NFL? Do they want Arch to be Saban's last QB (and just another cog in the machine)? Or do they go with the "family" that is UGA? Arch will be in the football business (NFL) soon enough. Do the Mannings want CFB to be a business (NFL) experience (AL) or a real college (UGA) experience? AL brought in 5 starters from the TP this off season. That is business at AL.

Follow Eli Holstein's recruitment. He is AL's back up plan. If he commits elsewhere, Arch to AL. If he commits to AL, Arch elsewhere. Same with Lonergan. AL has 2 QB recruits ahead of him. So he could still be in play for UGA if UGA misses on Arch.

When you (Arch) can go to any program in the country you don't go to VA or MS. You go where the talent is stacked and where you have a chance to win championships. The Mannings are an SEC family. UGA and AL seem like the best bets.