Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

CJ Allen: Standout in-state LB sets commitment date, schedules his decision-mapping officials

SystemSystem Posts: 10,467 admin
edited May 2022 in Article commenting
imageCJ Allen: Standout in-state LB sets commitment date, schedules his decision-mapping officials

Want to attack every day with the latest Georgia football recruiting info? That’s the Intel. This rep has the latest with Lamar County LB C.J. Allen. He ranks as the nation’s No. 42 LB and the No. 480 overall prospect for 2023 on the 247Sports Composite ratings. On3.com has him as a 4-star, the nation’s No. 38 LB and the No. 398 overall recruit.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 657 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't appreciate Jeff Sentell bringing his politics into his podcast, especially when it involves hurling expletives at public leaders. Can we just keep politics out of some part of our lives?

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2022

What do kids see in Lincoln Riley? Never played for a National Championship, much less won a National Title. Seems I remember the only playoff game OU made it to with Riley, was a loss..to UGA. Another "elite" coach from the same mold that produced Jim Harbaugh.

• Options

We'll see how Riley does at USC. If he's able to get them to the same level as Oklahoma, it will have been impressive. But, still, you're right: It's not like he's won an SEC championship, or even Big 10 for that matter.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree, Oklahoma was already an established winner when Riley took the reigns. USC on the other hand, has fallen from its lofty perch it occupied for many years in the past. If Riley can establish USC as a legitimate threat again, and ressurect that program, I'll gladly change my opinion. I just don't see Riley at USC that many years. USC expect wins, conference titles, playoff berths, and chances at a National Championship from Riley, he doesn't produce and he'll be out the door. That or the next big offer from another school and we could see Riley bid USC goodbye.

• Options
    JeffSentellJeffSentell Posts: 8,566 admin

Hello @CandlerPark - Thanks for the comment, but I believe you to be mistaken.

I'm not the type to go around hurling expletives at any time. Much less about politics or about our public offcials.

• Options

Actually you did, Jeff. But perhaps you didn't realize that what you said was an expletive directed at an elected leader. I'll contact you off line if you'd like to know what it was that you may not have realized you were saying.